PROBLEM: Our Keurig 2.0 is not working. My Keurig 2.0 is not compatible with certain k-cups. We bought some off brand k-cups and they do not work. It says OOPS NOT COMPATIBLE. So we put those aside and we tried the ones that Keurig approves of but it will still not brew any of them correctly. It does NOT say incompatible, it shows the screen to choose cup size and brew strength. However, when we press the BREW button, it will not brew any type of approved Keurig k-cups. A small amount of water comes out but it does not pump the water or brew correctly. The water that does come out is hot so I know the heater is working. The screen works just fine. It only dispenses a small amount of coffee when it gets to the drip portion. Nothing happens during the main dispensing portion. I have only had this Keurig for 1 month. Did the incompatible k-cups break the coffee maker?
ABOUT INCOMPATIBLE K-CUPS: The k-cups that are not compatible with Keurig 2.0 will not break your coffee maker. The incompatible k-cups may not have the proper label on them and therefore the Keurig rejects them with the OOPS message. It will simply tell you they are not compatible and you need to use the approved k-cups. If you try and use a k-cup that is not compatible with Keurig 2.0, it will say OOPS!…
SOLUTION FOR KEURIG NOT WORKING: If your Keurig 2.0 is plugged in, the water has pre-heated, the screen is lit up and you press the large BREW button, and it does not brew the coffee or pump out the water as it should, you have may have a clog somewhere in the machine. If you are using the approved k-cups and the coffee maker still will not brew or pump the water correctly, you most likely have a blockage somewhere and the coffee maker needs to be cleaned out or reset. Try the methods below to either reset or clean out your Keurig.
Keurig owners manual in PDF for troubleshooting, cleaning, programming, and descaling.
(KEURIG 2.0 MANUAL IS IN ENGLISH, SPANISH, AND FRENCH)
Keurig 2.0 Brewer Owners Manual Download PDF
Keurig 2.0 Brewer Not Working? Try The Fix Tips Tricks Below:
1 – Power the machine ON to OFF to ON (Powering off can reset the coffee maker)
2 – Unplug the coffee maker from the wall outlet for 5 minutes (This may reset the circuit boards in the machine)
3 – Clean the k-cup area (Use a damp cloth and wipe out the inside of where the k-cup is inserted as it may be clogged and causing the no brewing issue)
4 – Use the plastic needle cleaning tool that came with your Keurig (This device cleans the needle and may clear the clog)
5 – Unplug the Keurig and use a paperclip to clean the needle. Bend the paperclip and insert it into the needle hole to unclog any coffee grounds or debris. Be careful using the paperclip as you can damage the needle on the coffee maker. (Run a test brew to see if the Keurig is now working properly)
6 – Unplug and disassemble the Keurig. Turn it upside down and lightly bang on the bottom. (This may loosen any coffee grounds or another debris that may be clogging or preventing the coffee maker from working properly)
7 – Re-seat the water container (Remove the water reservoir and put it back in place so the machine senses it)
8 – Run a HOT water cycle with no k-cup inserted (This will tell you if there is a clog or blockage internally)
9 – Descale the coffee maker (Coffee grounds may be clogging the Keurig and or hard water may be clogging the tubing or needle)
Add 8 ounces of vinegar to the water tank and brew 4 times. Next, fill the water reservoir with drinking water and brew large cups of only water until the water reservoir is empty. By doing this it will flush out any vinegar taste from the machine. When you are finished running water through the machine, the needle should be cleaned out and the clog will be eliminated.
10 – Blow air into the nozzle with a straw. The air flow can push away any debris or coffee grounds that could be jamming the needle. If simple air does not work, you can blow water with vinegar using the straw into the nozzle to try and clear the blockage. (After doing this, run a test cycle brew to see if the Keurig is now working properly)
11 – IF ALL FIX METHODS FAIL – Call Keurig at 1-866-901-BREW (2739) or email them at CONTACT KEURIG and see if the brewer is still under warranty. When you call, the recorded message will not say anything about warranty claims. Listen for when the recorded call says REPLACEMENT PARTS and press that option. Give the Keurig call service center representative the SERIAL NUMBER of your Keurig Brewer. (Serial number is usually located behind the water reservoir) They will then look in the database and see if your Keurig Brewer is still under warranty. If it is under warranty, they will send you a replacement brewer but only in black for some odd reason. They do not require you to send the complete coffee maker back, only the k-cup pack holder.
Troubleshooting for your Keurig Brewer, follow the steps below to repair your Keurig Brewer…
KEURIG 2.0 OWNERS MANUAL HERE
How to clean the needle on your Keurig Brewer…
How to clean the pack holder on your Keurig Brewer…
Below you will find more detailed troubleshooting methods to fix your Keurig Brewer…
Keurig Brewer does not have power:
- Plug brewer into an independent outlet.
- Check to be sure that it is plugged in securely.
- Plug into a different outlet.
- Reset your home’s circuit breaker.
- Make sure that the Power Switch has been turned on and the LCD Control Center is illuminated.
Keurig Brewer shuts off or turns on automatically:
- Check to make sure that the Auto Off timer and/or On/Off time features have not been set.
- Press the MENU Button and scroll through the programming options.
- “OFF” should be indicated for Auto Off timer and On/Off Time.
- If “OFF” is not indicated, reset brewer.
Keurig Brewer will not brew:
- After placing the K-Cup pack in the K-Cup Pack Holder, make sure the handle is pushed down securely.
- Make sure the LCD Control Center indicates “READY TO BREW”.
- Then press the BREW Button.
- If the LCD Control Center indicates “ADD WATER,” add water to the Water Reservoir.
- Fill to and not beyond the MAX FILL line.
- Make sure the Water Reservoir is seated properly in its base.
- If the LCD Control Center indicates “ADD WATER” even after refilling, contact Customer Service at 1.866.901.BREW (2739).
- The Exit Needle may be clogged. If the LCD Control Center indicates “MORE WATER” and the blue light in the Water Reservoir is flashing, see below.
Keurig LCD Control Center indicates “MORE WATER” and the light in the Water Reservoir is flashing:
- Completely remove the Water Reservoir and thoroughly clean.
- Ensure the Water Reservoir is filled to and not beyond the MAX FILL line.
- Return it to the brewer and ensure it is seated properly.
- If you have completed the above procedure two times and this situation persists, contact Customer Service at 1.866.901.BREW (2739).
Keurig Brewing just a partial cup:
- The Exit Needle may be clogged.
- Clean the K-Cup Pack Holder Assembly if necessary and rinse under water.
- The Water Reservoir may have been removed during brewing.
- Replace the Water Reservoir and perform a cleansing brew without a K-Cup pack.
- Descale the brewer.
- If you have repeated the descale procedure on your brewer two times and it is still only brewing a partial cup, contact Customer Service at 1.866.901.BREW (2739).
VIDEO = Keurig 2.0 – Not Brewing – Stuck – Fix – Repair
NOTE: If you call Keurig and they agree to send you a new 2.0 brewer… Here is exactly what it says in the email once you are approved to get a new Keurig brewer if still under warranty…
“Thank you for contacting Keurig. We are sorry that you were having a problem with your brewer. Your replacement is in process and you will receive it within 3-7 business days. Please return either your K-Cup® pack holder or Vue® brew head to Keurig as proof that your brewer is no longer in service. We are pre-shipping your replacement brewer with the understanding that you will return this part. Please only return the K-Cup® pack holder or Vue® brew head to us within 30 days. Again, we only need the K-Cup® pack holder or Vue® brew head and not the entire brewing system.“
As you can see, in our situation they do not want the complete coffee maker shipped back. Keurig only wants the K-cup Pack Holder. So, if your brewer breaks, you will have an almost complete 2.0 brewer on hand that you can use for spare parts in the future if needed.
Having problems with your Keurig Brewer? Please leave your questions below and we will be happy to assist you in getting your brewer working again.