Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Codes – What To Check – How To Reset?

Frigidaire dishwasher has an error code? Frigidaire dishwashers have built in diagnostic systems. If your dishwasher finds, sees, or detects a fault or error in the system, it will show an error or fault code. The error code will display where the usual numbers are on the display screen. When an error code is displayed, your dishwasher is telling you a specific fault. The error code will tell you which parts on your Frigidaire dishwasher to replace or check. You can also Search YouTube for Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Codes or get advice from your Frigidaire dishwasher owners manual when your Frigidaire Dishwasher Is Displaying An Error Code. NOTE: Before ordering any parts from the ones listed below, check that the parts will fit with your model number Frigidaire dishwasher.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error CodesFrigidaire Dishwasher Error Codes

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = i10
Error Problem / Condition = A low fill has been detected.
Check / Repair / Solution = Look for a pinched water supply line, or water shutoff is not completely opened.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = i20, i40, iF0
Error Problem / Condition = Clogged filters or a restricted drain line has been detected.
Check / Repair / Solution = Check and clean both filters and sump area and check for a pinched or blocked drain hose. If the drain line is attached to a disposer, check that the knockout plug has been removed.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = i30
Error Problem / Condition = A leak or over flow of water has been detected in the bottom pan.
Check / Repair / Solution = Look for loose connections at the water inlet valve and ensure the unit is properly leveled.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = i50
Error Problem / Condition = A problem has been detected with the drain or wash motor.
Check / Repair / Solution = Pressing the cancel button or turning power off at the breaker for 5 minutes should clear this error code and the unit can be restarted.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = i60
Error Problem / Condition = A problem has been detected with the water heating system.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = iC0
Error Problem / Condition = A problem has been detected with the electronic control system.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = UO
Error Problem / Condition = Vent open
Check / Repair / Solution = While in wash cycle, Main Control Board does not receive signal from vent assembly that vent plunger is closed. Plunger status is sensed with optical sensor in vent assembly. Check wiring between vent assembly and Main Control Board. If wiring correct, replace vent assembly. If error still exist, replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = UF
Error Problem / Condition = Fan not running
Check / Repair / Solution = While in drying cycle, Main Control Board not sensing vent fan motor rotation at correct speed. Check wiring between vent assembly and Main Control Board. If correct, replace vent assembly. If error still exist replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = ER
Error Problem / Condition = Membrane Switch Failure
Check / Repair / Solution = Main Control Board has detected a stuck key or a key pressed for more than one minute. Check connection from keypad to Main Control Board. If correct, replace keypad. If error still exist, replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = CE
Error Problem / Condition = Configuration Error
Check / Repair / Solution = Check wiring connections between keypad and Main Control Board. Check for correct parts installed. Replace parts accordingly.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = CL
Error Problem / Condition = Close Door – Door Switch Open
Check / Repair / Solution = Main Control Board not sensing door closed. Close door. Check door switches. Check wiring between door switches and Main Control Board. If wiring and switches are correct, replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = dP
Error Problem / Condition = Drain Pump
Check / Repair / Solution = Displayed in relay test when drain pump is activated.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = FL
Error Problem / Condition = Water Valve Is Open
Check / Repair / Solution = Displayed in relay test when water valve is activated.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = HO
Error Problem / Condition = Heat Delay
Check / Repair / Solution = The control is delaying cycle to allow water temperature to rise to correct temperature in attempt to assure optimum performance.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = hs
Error Problem / Condition = Hall Sensor
Check / Repair / Solution = The control has sensed an error with hall sensor in motor. Check wiring between motor and Main Control Board. If correct, replace motor. If error still exist, replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = LO
Error Problem / Condition = Low Rinse Aid
Check / Repair / Solution = Rinse aid level is low. Refill rinse aid dispenser.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = PF
Error Problem / Condition = Power Failure
Check / Repair / Solution = A power failure has occurred. More than 10% of power has dropped to the unit. Check house wiring.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = rA
Error Problem / Condition = Rinse Aid
Check / Repair / Solution = The control has sensed a problem with the reed switch in the dispenser. Refill the rinse aid dispenser. If error still exist, check wiring between dispenser and Main Control Board. If not corrected, replace dispenser assembly. If error still exist, replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = RE
Error Problem / Condition = Rinse aid reed switch
Check / Repair / Solution = Rinse aid reed switch in dispenser is closed.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = RF
Error Problem / Condition = Rinse aid
Check / Repair / Solution = Rinse aid reed switch in dispenser is open. Refill rinse aid dispenser. Replace dispenser assembly.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = rt
Error Problem / Condition = Relay / Triac Test
Check / Repair / Solution = Relay test mode has been activated.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = Sd
Error Problem / Condition = Detergent Dispenser
Check / Repair / Solution = Displayed in relay test mode when detergent dispenser is activated.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code = tu
Error Problem / Condition = Turbidity Sensor
Check / Repair / Solution = The Main Control Board has sensed a failure in the turbidity sensor. Check wiring. If wiring correct, replace turbidity sensor. If error still exist replace Main Control Board.

Frigidaire dishwasher error codes 1Frigidaire dishwasher error codes 2Frigidaire dishwasher error codes 3Frigidaire dishwasher error codes list

Frigidaire dishwasher internal parts identificationFrigidaire dishwasher internal parts identification

Water Test Mode
To activate water test mode on your Frigidaire dishwasher, press and hold Start/Cancel and heating option (High-Temp Wash, Sanitize, Air Dry, or No Heat Dry) (depending on model) for 3 seconds. To advance through test(s), press Start/Cancel. If component tested fails, error code will be displayed in digital display.

Frigidaire dishwasher test modeFrigidaire dishwasher test mode chart

Frigidaire dishwasher partsFrigidaire dishwasher parts

Do you know of other Frigidaire Dishwasher error codes? Do you have an error code on your Frigidaire dishwasher and need help finding and fixing the problem? Please leave a comment or question below.

1 Trent August 25, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I have a Frigidaire model FGHD2465NW1A dishwasher. We have had it for about 2 years and it quit working. I have changed the electronic control board, check the drain hose of which is wide open. It keeps flashing the number 12 on the display. What could be going on with it?

2 Audrey Fawley July 4, 2017 at 10:26 pm

My dishwasher has ifo code cleaned filters and put back together still same code how do u reset it

3 Will Smith June 22, 2017 at 2:36 am

I have a Frigidaire dish washer model # FDBB4365FB2 that will not run. It does not show any fault codes but when I push the normal wash button and the start button and close the door the display shows the time then go’s off. What would cause this to happen.

4 Ron george June 11, 2017 at 7:00 pm

I have a frigid site PF error code. I unplugged and replygged in. How the pf is on and the unit has power. I can not get it to clear pf code. No mater what button I push. Pf code stays on

5 Jack Wilson June 10, 2017 at 8:50 pm

My frididaire fghd2472pf1a quit draining due to glass stuck in the impeller. I removed the obstruction and it still won’t drain (no clogs in drain hose or disposal). The pump works when jumped with 110 volts. Where do I go from here.

6 Nicole May 28, 2017 at 2:38 pm

My Frigidaire Dishwasher has been periodically displaying the “uF” code.
Where do I find the heat wires in the dishwasher?
Is this something that I can fix myself, or do I need to call someone in to fix it?

DIY Project Help Tips 7 DIY Project Help Tips May 28, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Nicole,
What is the model number on your Frigidaire Dishwasher that periodically displays the “uF” code?

8 glynn May 13, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I 30 code …. won’t stop running. Model # FGID2474
What is an aqua control?
How do I reset?

9 Andrew May 1, 2017 at 3:22 pm

I have the Frigidaire gallery dishwasher and have the i20 error code, I have completely cleaned the filter and the screen around it, as well as removed and checked all hoses for debris or pinches, everything is good. I don’t get it.

10 Eric T April 17, 2017 at 11:19 am

I have a Frigidaire FDB2810LDS0 with a fast blinking “EE” error code?

11 Connie April 14, 2017 at 3:18 am

Hi Pam,
Wow! I have the exact same problem And my dishwasher gives me i30 code and runs even with door open. I have no water in the dishwasher. I checked and the dishwasher is levelled and no kinks or problem with the water inlet line. It worked after a few days through a whole wash. However, today I get the same thing again with the error code and pump sucking air while I open the door. Did the technician fix the problem? Do you know what was wrong with the dishwasher? What did he replace? Or do to fix the problem?

12 glynn May 13, 2017 at 6:35 pm

I have the same problem. Please help! THX

13 PrestonFam March 19, 2017 at 3:21 am

I’m confused about the Power Failure (PF) code. Our dishwasher will not complete the cycle. It gets about halfway through and cuts off showing the PF code. When we open and close it the cycle starts over from the beginning. We checked the breaker box for the breaker the dishwasher is on and it was not tripped but we reset it anyway. That did nothing to solve the problem of the cycle cutting off midway.

14 Gaurav Bhagat March 3, 2017 at 9:12 am

We have a less than couple year old Frigidaire dishwasher which has been continuous problem from the beginning. In beginning the wash arm fell on the heater and filled home with really bad plastic burning smell and then the door sounds like horror movie. After a few months, it started throwing PF code every now and then but after pushing start/cancel button it would generally reset and finish the cycle but gradually the PF code became more and more severe and now it’s consistent. One is 20-30 tries wash cycle with go through but rest of the time it will stop abruptly anytime during the cycle. Sometimes as soon as you push the start button and sometimes halfway through the cycle. Today I ran the water/service test and it fails around 40 seconds. All lights go blank and then few seconds later the dreaded flashing PF code returns.

15 Cathryn December 19, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Frigidaire FGHD2465NF1A error code UO
Vent assembly…just wondering what part number to order?

16 EC December 5, 2016 at 4:48 am

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher for only a year, all of a sudden it won’t work, there’s no power or won’t start, no lights at all, what do we have to do?

17 paulette December 1, 2016 at 7:53 pm

We have had numerous service calls on our 1 year 4 month old dishwasher.
Circuit board, pump, sensors, etc have been replaced.
Ran well for 2 weeks, today the dishwasher ran and I got a 30 error.
Cleared the error and now the dishwasher runs endlessly.
This appliance is the worst appliance I have ever owned.
Unfortunately, they have you, every appliance manufacturer make one good piece and the other are junk but you want all your appliances matching.

18 Pam November 11, 2016 at 2:43 am

We own an 18-month old frigidaire gallery dishwasher FGID2474QF0B.
A few days ago we could hear a faint beeping somewhere in our kitchen but couldn’t find the source as it stopped as soon as it started.
Then our dishwasher flashed the i30 error code, but upon checking it out could find nothing wrong.
Ran the dishwasher late Sunday night, got up 7 hours later and was shocked to hear the dishwasher still running!
It sounded like it was at the end of the normal 2-hour cycle – as though the pump was sucking air/the final drops of water out.
I opened the dishwasher and there was NO water inside.
More shocking – even with the door wide open, the pump/motor continued to run and had obviously run ALL NITE.
Even worse, the control board was dead and NOTHING would allow us to shut it off.
Only after throwing the breaker did it stop running!!!
Even now, 4 days later, as soon as I flip the breaker on, it turns back on!!
Still waiting for “service” rep from frigidaire to call us back.

19 Chris September 12, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Hi Pam, did you get a resolution for this. I have the same issue.

20 Russell November 4, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Our Frigidaire dishwasher is showing error code i20. I’ve checked all the outlet hoses and no obvious blockages. I’ve taken out what items I can without dismantling everything and can find no blockages etc. I can blow back through the outlet pipe once I have forced some higher pressure tap water back through the outlet (reverse direction). However, as soon as I try and suck the water back through again it blocks and thereafter I can’t blow through until after I repeat the higher pressure tap water (reverse flow) treatment. Very frustrating and the unit is barely 2 years old. Any suggestions?

21 Rob Crawford November 3, 2016 at 10:55 am

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher FIPD2495Q.
I pushed the delayed start then cancelled it now the display read “1 min” and I cannot get rid of it and the washer will not run.
I have turned the power off for 15 min still there when powered back on.
Hit start and close the door it sounds like it is going to work but only last 5 or 10 seconds.

22 Rick May 6, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Same problem here. Did you find a solution?

23 Allan October 5, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I had a i52 error code on my Frigidaire dishwasher when it was in diagnostic mode. What does this mean?

DIY Project Help Tips 24 DIY Project Help Tips October 6, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Allan,
Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code i52 = Problem has been detected with the drain or wash motor.
Check the drain to be sure there is nothing blocking it.
If clear, check the wash motor to be sure it is working and getting power.

Is the error code steady or flashing on the Frigidaire dishwasher display?
What happens if you unplug it for 5 minutes?

25 Clinton E September 28, 2016 at 3:06 am

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher that will not start at all and is flashing “PF” for power failure.
Also the “heat dry” and “air dry” LEDs flash along with PF code in unison.
Holding the buttons to attempt reset will do nothing at all.
I made little jumpers to check the door latch switch and got the same response.I left the machine unplugged and as soon as I plug it back up with the door open the same lights flash with no response from the touchpad.
What to check now?

26 Jared November 30, 2016 at 5:07 am

What did you find out? Having the same issue…

27 Clinton e December 1, 2016 at 2:42 am

It was the control panel assembly that has the buttons in my case.
It was definitely pointing to the main logic board as the culprit as far as the symptoms go.
That’s why they say to buy the control panel and main circuit board together because it could be one or the other.
I just simply returned the main board.
It’s been working for over a month now.

28 russ September 21, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Where is vent assembly on Frigidaire dishwasher? I’m getting error code UO or uo.

DIY Project Help Tips 29 DIY Project Help Tips September 21, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Russ,
Frigidaire dishwasher error code UO – How To Fix
THE VENT AND FAN ASSEMBLY ARE LOCATED ON THE TOP BACK RIGHT CORNER OF THE DISHWASHER TUB.

The vant and fan opens to assist to dry the dishes at the end of the washing cycle.
If the control board senses that the vent is open it will not start the wash cycle.

The Frigidaire manual advises to check the wiring harnesses and all connections.
If you find the wiring and all connections to check out good, then replace the vent assembly.
If the error code uo comes back, then replace the main control board.

30 Rudy R September 18, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Frigidaire dishwasher #FiGD2466QF4A control panel shows dishes are clean however pump motor still running. There is still some small amount of water in sump under the filter screen. Turned power source to dishwasher off for 40 min to see if maybe display board will reset itself to no avail. Pump still on with dishwasher off. I believe its the motherboard but i wanted to get a second opinion.

DIY Project Help Tips 31 DIY Project Help Tips September 19, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Rudy R,
If the main board in your dishwasher has a shorted area or “closed” circuit on it, it may be supplying power to the Frigidaire dishwasher pump motor at all times.
Replace the main board and this should solve your issue.

32 Rudy R September 22, 2016 at 12:29 am

RR,
I replaced the board and it fixed the problem. Your Awesome!
Regards!

33 Mike September 6, 2016 at 2:25 am

My frigidaire dishwasher will let me select normal cycle but when I push the start/cancel button, nothing happens, I ran jumper wires between the wires on the switch connecting black to black and white to white, but it still doesn’t start up, then when I try to put it in test mode after unplugging the dishwasher and holding on the the air dry and start cancel bottons, nothing happens at all, what do you think the problem might be?

DIY Project Help Tips 34 DIY Project Help Tips September 6, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Mike,
The control board may be faulty or the keypad may be stuck on your Frigidaire dishwasher.
Be sure the door switch is in working order because if not the dishwasher may think the door is open if the door switch is faulty.
Use a meter to be sure.
If the door switch is in working order and the dishwasher still does nothing, then you may have a faulty control board.
Also be sure it is not something simple such as a loose wire or wire harness before replacing the main control board.

35 Larissa August 3, 2016 at 11:30 pm

My Frigidaire dishwasher was displaying code i30 and it is now displaying i40. It will not run and I have looked into it and there seems to be no issue. What should i do?

DIY Project Help Tips 36 DIY Project Help Tips August 5, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Larissa,
Frigidaire dishwasher displaying code i30 = Water leak or overflow in bottom drain pan.
CHECK FOR WATER LEAKS – CHECK HOSES AND PUMP

Frigidaire dishwasher displaying code i40 = Clogged filters or drain line plugs or pinches.
CHECK TO BE SURE DRAIN LINE IS NOT CLOGGED

Try a reset by pressing the High-Temp and Start-Cancel buttons on the dishwasher and hold them for about 10 seconds.

37 Carlos carias July 5, 2016 at 1:56 am

My Frigidaire dishwasher is showing error code i20. Drain is attached to a food disposer. Can you tell me what do you mean by “knockout plug has been removed”?

DIY Project Help Tips 38 DIY Project Help Tips July 5, 2016 at 6:28 am

Carlos Carias,
Error code i20 on a Frigidaire dishwasher is a drain issue. Check drain pump and hose for clogs.
There is a PLUG in the side of the garbage disposal that is intact (when you install a new disposal). This KNOCKOUT PLUG needs to be REMOVED if you are going to be using a dishwasher in conjunction with the dishwasher so the drain water can enter and drain from the dishwasher.

39 Teace Speer June 13, 2016 at 5:09 am

All the lights on my dishwasher were blinking and the code on the screen read “00” so I turned off the power at the breaker for 5 minutes. Since I flipped the breaker back on, the dishwasher won’t respond at all. The panel is completely dark and it won’t turn on at all.

DIY Project Help Tips 40 DIY Project Help Tips June 13, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Teace Speer,
Press the heat dry and start/cancel pads for 5 seconds. The dishwasher should begin to go through a test cycle. If you do this, does anything happen.. Power comes back? Dishwasher begins test cycle?
When all the lights flash it may indicate a power failure.
Has the power gone out recently?
You flipped the breaker ON/OFF, have you tried looking at the dishwasher outlet to be sure the GFCI has not reset?
If nothing happens still, you may have a fuse on the board that is bad or the main control board is bad.

41 Barbara West June 3, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Trying to repair error code “UO” on Frigidaire dishwasher as can’t afford repairman. I am 78 yrs old and need simple directions for repair. Thank you.

DIY Project Help Tips 42 DIY Project Help Tips June 3, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Barbara West,
Frigidaire dishwasher manual says UO error code is vent assembly error.
Check the wiring and connections first.
If the wiring and connections are okay, then you should replace the vent assembly.
If that did not solve the problem, then you need to replace the main control board.