We all know getting a sore throat can be horrible. Here are 10 great easy and cheap ways to get relief from the sore throat.
1. Jello works great – Just mix your favorite flavor but instead of chilling it heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add 1 teaspoon of honey. The warm gelatin will coat and soothe your throat and the honey’s antimicrobial properties will kill bacteria.
3. Honey – A key component here versus sore throats. You can eat it by the spoonful straight or you can mix it with something. It just has to be a raw honey because the industrial pasteurization processes that commercial honeys are treated with remove a lot of the benefits.
6. Onion Broth – Take a white or yellow onion and slice it up, boil it for about 2 or 3 hours then take out the onion and store the broth in a glass container in the fridge. Take out about 6 oz for each dose you want to take and heat it up and drink up.
7. Neti Pot – Use organic salt, pink salt from Whole Foods or the packet stuff that comes with the Neti pot works too. Just make sure the water is warm and not boiling hot. It will sting a lot when you first use it but the more your use it the less it will sting.
10. Zinc – As soon as you start getting a sore throat use zinc throat lozenges. The texture and taste is a little unpleasant, but it can help knockout the sore throat and reduce symptoms of a cold too.
Mint tea plus honey and you can add lemon if you want. Steam over it when it’s too hot to drink and drink when you can. It will definitely sooth your throat and it doesn’t taste too bad.
Red wine also helps but that might be just because everything feels better with red wine.
Even More Natural Remedies:
- Turmeric gargle (1 cup hot water with 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/2 tsp salt)
- Salt and warm water gargle (1 tsp with 1 cup water)
- Cider vinegar (mix with same amount of honey and drink)
- Mix Hydrogen peroxide and water and gargle (1 tsp with 1 cup water)
- Frozen fruit bars to help numb your throat