Want to record the screen on your iPhone? Here are a few easy ways to record your iPhone screen. Read below for the many different and easy ways to record everything on your screen.
- On your iPhone, add the Screen Recording option to Control Center by going to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap the green plus sign next to Screen Recording.
- Open Control Center by swiping up on your iPhone, and tap the screen recording icon. To capture sound while you record, press deeply on the screen recording icon and tap Microphone Audio.
- Screen Recording will give you a three-second countdown, enough time to swipe down to remove the Control Center from your screen.
- To stop recording, swipe up to open Control Center and tap the screen recording icon. Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
- You can find your screen recording in the Photos app.
How to Record your iPhone Screen using the QuickTime Player
- Plug your iPhone into a computer that has the QuickTime player installed on it.
- In QuickTime, click File > New Movie Recording.
- Click the down arrow next to the Record button and select your iPhone from the list. If you want to record the audio from your device, select the iPhone option under Microphone.
- Click the Record button to start recording your iPhone’s screen
- Once you’ve completed the actions on your iPhone that you want to record, click the Record button in QuickTime to stop the recording.
- Click File > Save to save your recording to your computer.
If you don’t have iOS 11, or QuickTime you can try the following option that uses a third party application to capture your iPhone’s screen using AirPlay Mirroring on a compatible Windows or Mac computer or laptop.
How to Record your iPhone Screen using X-Mirage and AirPlay Mirroring
Important Note: X-Mirage provides a limited time free trial. To continue using the application after the trial period, it is $16 USD per license.
- Download X-Mirage on your Mac or PC (whichever device you plan on connecting your iPhone to)
- On your iPhone go to Control Center > Screen Mirroring and select X-Mirage from the list of options.
- In X-Mirage, click the Record button to begin recording your screen.
- On your iPhone, perform the actions you wish to record.
- Once you’re done, click the Record button (now appearing as a Stop button) again in X-Mirage to stop recording.
- X-Mirage will show a pop up with your screen recording information. Select Export.
- Once the export is complete, select File > Save to save your recording to your computer.
How To: Record Your iPhone Screen While Using for FREE
There are other third-party software options available, including Reflector 2, Apowersoft iOS Recorder, and Dr.Fone, but with the release of iOS 11, Apple has finally provided users with a native method to record their iPhone screens, making these other options practically obsolete.
Contact us below using the comment form if you would like to know more DIY Tips and Tricks.