LG washing machines can occasionally display an error code. One error code is DE, which indicates that there is an issue with the washer’s door. DE means the washer door was not able to lock.
- Try clearing the DE error code first.
- What causes the LG washer DE error?
- How to fix washing machine DE error code?
What does LG Washing Machine Error Code DE Mean?
DE stands for “Door Error” and indicates that the washing machine’s door is not properly closed, locked, or sensed by the appliance. DE error code definition = the door is not able to lock. This error code is a safety feature designed to prevent the washer from operating if the door is not securely shut, which could result in water leakage or injury.
How To Clear the LG Washing Machine Error Code DE?
First, try and clear the DE error code and resume normal operation. Follow the steps below:
- Unplug the washing machine: Disconnect the power to the appliance by unplugging it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes: Allow the washing machine to sit unplugged for at least 5 minutes. This will give the appliance time to reset and clear any error codes.
- Plug the washing machine back in: Reconnect the power to the appliance by plugging it back into the wall outlet.
- Test the appliance: Start a new wash cycle to ensure that the DE error code has been cleared and that the washing machine is functioning correctly.
What Causes LG Washing Machine Error Code DE?
There are several reasons why your LG washing machine may display the DE error code. Some of the most common causes include:
- Door not closed properly: The most straightforward cause of the DE error code is that the door is not completely closed. Ensure that there are no obstructions preventing the door from closing correctly, such as clothing items or debris.
- Faulty door lock assembly: The door lock assembly ensures that the door is securely shut during operation. If it is damaged or malfunctioning, it may not lock the door correctly, resulting in the DE error code.
- Damaged door latch or striker: The door latch and striker work together to keep the door closed. If either of these components is damaged, the door may not close or lock properly.
- Faulty door switch or sensor: The door switch or sensor detects when the door is closed and locked. If this component is faulty, it may not send the correct signal to the washing machine’s control board, triggering the DE error code.
- Wiring issues: Damaged or loose wiring connections between the door components and the control board can also cause the DE error code.
DE error = door not able to lock
How To Fix LG Washing Machine Error Code DE?
Troubleshoot the door issues. Follow these steps to determine the root cause and resolve the problem:
- Check the door: Ensure that the door is closed properly and that there are no obstructions preventing it from closing completely.
- Inspect the door lock assembly: Unplug the washing machine and remove the top panel to access the door lock assembly. Check for any visible damage or wear on the assembly, and replace it if necessary.
- Examine the door latch and striker: Inspect the door latch and striker for damage or wear. If either component appears damaged, replace it to ensure proper door function.
- Test the door switch or sensor: Using a multimeter, test the door switch or sensor for continuity. If there is no continuity, replace the faulty component.
- Inspect the wiring: Check the wiring connections between the door components and the control board for damage or loose connections. Repair or replace any damaged wiring as needed.
The LG washing machine error code DE can be fixed and cleared by troubleshooting the washer. Remember to always exercise caution and consult your owner’s manual or a professional technician if you are unsure about any aspect of the troubleshooting process. If you have further questions, please leave a detailed comment below and we will assist you to clear the DE error code.