Samsung Washing Machine Error Code ND – What To Check – How To Fix

If you are getting the ND error code on your Samsung washer, this means it will NOT DRAIN. This error occurs when the washer cannot drain or at times it cannot spin properly. It is most commonly called: Water Does Not Drain From Washer. The information below will show you how to correct and reset the washer to clear the ND error code.

Samsung washer ND error codeSamsung washer ND error code

When your Samsung Washing Machine will not drain or spin AND the “nd” error code is shown… Do the following to fix the washer yourself…

1 – Make sure the wash size is not too big.
2 – Be sure the clothing in the washer is balanced.
(If the tub is overfilled with clothing, the wash tub cannot spin at faster speeds, the washer may shut off if this is the case)
3 – Make sure the washer water drain hose (the drain hose from washer to wall) is straight and has no bends.

washer drain hoseWasher drain hose – Make sure it is not bent or clogged

Make sure the washer drain hose is not pushed far into the draining pipe.
NOTE: A siphoning effect will happen if the drain hose is pushed in too far… thus causing water to come back into the washing machine.

be sure washer drain hose is not in drain pipe too deepBe sure washer drain hose is not in drain pipe too deep

1 – Make sure the washing machine door is completely closed.
2 – Be sure the pump filter is clean and not clogged or blocked in any way.
(The washing machine will not drain or spin if the pump debris filter is clogged. Here is info for How To Clean The Filter On A Front Loading Washer.)
3 – Make sure the washing machine is completely level. Use a level and put it on top of the washer to be sure it is level on the ground. If you find the washer not to be level, use the legs on the washer to level it.

Is the washing machine door locked? Clean the pump filter out as this will lessen the water level and unlock the door lock.

Samsung front load washer filter locationSamsung front load washer filter location

The ND error is NO DRAIN. If you have any issues dealing with your Samsung washer and the ND error code, please leave a question or comment below and we can provide assistance. Please leave the model number of your washer so we can assist further.

APPLIANCE REPLACEMENT PARTS CENTER
Appliance Replacement Parts Center Online
APPLIANCE PARTS FOR ALL BRANDS AND TYPES

1 Jason February 24, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I have a WF316LAW model front-loader. I have taken it apart and checked all the drain lines. I replaced the drain pump. I ran a rinse and spin and it worked. Put in a load of laundry and the nd code came back on. Manually drained it 5 times to finish the load. The pump turned on once when manually draining it. Is this likely an electrical issue?

2 Chris February 4, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Our Samsung front load washer (model WF218ANB/XAA 01) is getting the nd (no drain) error code. We have checked hoses, cleaned filter, and have made sure it will balance and still no luck. Could the pump possibly need replaced? Or something else?

3 Laura Mooneyham February 1, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Our washer is coming up with the ND code. My husband took it apart and found there was no clog,. When he plugged it back in, it started spinning, but then when he washed a load of towels, the code came up again! What should we do?

4 Tara January 24, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I have a Samsung Front Load WF448AAP/XAA. Got a no drain error, cleaned out the filter, which didn’t solve the problem. I then opened the machine and removed the complete pump assembly and cleaned (had dirt and pet hair buildup, but nothing completely clogged). Put it back together and attempted to run a “normal” cycle. The machine ran for about half of the cycle, but then came back with the same error. I noticed that I could get it to partially drain a few times if I unplugged it for a while and started again. Next, I replaced the pump moron (the black side of the pump assembly), hoping that would solve the problem. When it was back together, it started a wash and did the initial drain, but then the error came back. At a loss for what to do next (short of buying a new machine – which I want to avoid!). All the hoses looked clog-free upon visual inspection, but I did not check the entire length of them.

5 Corey Nichols December 20, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I have a Samsung model WF448AAP/xaa washing machine. I keep getting no drain message popping up. Clean filter then replaced with a new pump. Still have the same problem. The cycle will go about 2/3s through and then flash that message.

6 Jeff October 21, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I have a samsung wf431abp/xaa. Never had issues (and nothing has changed as far as it being level or the hose being moved) then suddenly the nd error. I tried it with no load in it and no issues. I put a load in (not a big one) and it gets to 19 minutes left and in the rinse cycle and then displays the nd error. I know that it’s a no drain issue but Tue filter has been cleaned and as I said it did just fine without a load in (pump drained all water and spin worked fine). What do I do now? Why does it work fine without a load but doesn’t work with a load?

7 Preston December 11, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Did you find out why this occurred? I am having the exact same issue.

8 Jeff December 15, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Turns out the drain pump is no good. Its around a hundred dollar part..

9 Preston December 20, 2016 at 12:01 am

Thanks. Our drain pump was bad too. I found one on Amazon (Prime) for 18 dollars and we replaced it ourselves. Saw a video on YouTube that walked us through the entire process. Now the washer works like a champ again!

10 Whitney Messer October 11, 2016 at 2:23 am

2010 Samsung front loader Model No. WF210ANW/XAA
Continually have been getting the “nd” error code. Manually have been draining the machine. Hose is not pinched or bent. The load is not too big, the washer is level. Need some help on why the machine is not draining.

11 Robert October 3, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I have a WF316LAW model frontloader. No filter to clean. I have replaced the hose, and taken the pump out to check for clogs. Still doesnt drain. Even without the ND code it leaves water in the drum after the cycle and the clothes are sopping wet. Usually have to run the spin cycle another time to get them dried out. I have a pump on order to see if that’s the issue, as it stopped draining completely on friday.

DIY Project Help Tips 12 DIY Project Help Tips October 3, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Robert,
That simply means there is a blockage somewhere in the drain lines whereas you need to run another spin cycle to remove the water.
Take the washer apart and check to be sure all drain lines, hoses, drain pump, wall drain, are clear and free of debris.

13 Matt September 2, 2016 at 11:04 am

I have a Samsung washer W01F54AQ403616R showing error fault code ND checked everything so I put a new pump in, and it still won’t finish cycle and still shows the same code.

DIY Project Help Tips 14 DIY Project Help Tips September 2, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Matt,
The Samsung ND error code means NO DRAIN. When this error code displays the washer will not spin either.
This either means the drain pump is bad, not getting power, or clogged, the drain hoses are blocked or clogged, or a faulty communication or wire harness issue.
Have you checked all drain hoses and made sure the wiring connections are secure and the drain pump gets power?
Also, you may have a clogged wall or floor drain that is preventing the washer from draining.

15 David price August 27, 2016 at 1:42 am

I have a 2010 Samsung wf210anw/xaa and have tried all of the options above with no luck. I also called customer service who wants to schedule a service visit but Samsung actually doesn’t have a serviceman that covers my area. I am curious mostly as to what part is most likely broken and needs replaced. I’m assuming it’s the drain pump but the signs sometimes conflict and it may be spin speed only causing it. I generally can run the machine on normal and it will go through the wash cycle fine, from 58 minutes to 33 remaining on the display. I then have to vacuum the machine out from the drain hose with a wet vac which will get it continuing through to start its rinse cycle. A few minutes later on a fast spin it will generally need to be vacuumed again so I wonder if it could be a balancer or something related to the spinning because of the force of the tub. Then I vacuum again when it gets to 11 minutes and the spin cycle which is a nightmare and the tub refills around 8 minutes and I have to vacuum it out. It’s not 3 vacuums and done, sometimes the tub refills and the machine still isn’t happy and it will hang on 27 minutes and several vacuums of refill and empty. The spin is certainly causing some drainage issues but I’m not sure if the drain pump is the culprit or something else.

16 Marbeth June 6, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Samsung Front Load washing machine, Bought 2006. Run fine all this time. With a load of towels in the machine quit mid cycle will not drain or spin. Took the load out. Cleaned the filter. Drained manually. Tried rinse and spin with empty machine, God the nd error code–no drain and so spin. Can’t find my book

DIY Project Help Tips 17 DIY Project Help Tips June 7, 2016 at 12:06 am

Marbeth,
Most likely something is jammed or clogging the pump, possibly the drain hose also.
Open the machine up and check the pump, pump hoses, drain hose, etc…
You will most likely find something stuck in there which is giving you the ND = NO DRAIN error.