How To Reset Samsung Washing Machine Error Codes?

Your Samsung washer can display many different error codes. No matter what the error code, you can try to reset the Samsung washer to erase, clear, or remove the error code by simply removing power to the washer. This can reset the main control board or whichever washer component that is causing the error code to appear. At times an error code is not truly an error, it may be just a “glitch” that has randomly appeared. Because of this, resetting the washer by removing power is the first thing to do.

How To Reset A Samsung Washing Machine When You Get An Error CodeHow To Reset A Samsung Washing Machine When You Get An Error Code

To reset your Samsung washing machine you need to simply disconnect the washing machine from power for 5 to 10 minutes. (Unplug the washer from the wall outlet or flip the breaker in the breaker box for the washing machine). Once the 5 to 10 minutes has passed, connect power to your Samsung washer and run a test wash load to see if the error code has cleared. If not, see below…

Newer digital Samsung washing machine error codes appear as a 2 digit code on the display screen, they can appear as letters or numbers or even both. When a code appears on your Samsung washer and you have already tried the unplug reset, you need to identify the error code to fix the washer.

Samsung washing machine - 4e common error codeSamsung washing machine – 4e common error code

The many Samsung Washing Machine error codes can include dL, dS, d5, FL, Hr, LO, 5E, SE, 4E, ND, NF, dE, UE, DC, 3E, bE, LE, HE, tE, IE, CE, OE, etc…
Find out what all these error codes mean here… Samsung Washing Machine Error Fault Codes.

Samsung washing machine error codes listHere is a list of some Samsung Washer Error/Fault Codes

Samsung Error Code DC means you have an unbalanced load. Move the clothing around to be sure clothing is not in one area. Spread it out and test to clear DC error code.

For an example, the Samsung Washer OE error code means the washer has detected an overfill situation. This may mean the water inlet valve is faulty or the water level sensor is faulty. Troubleshooting is needed for some error codes.

Other Samsung washer error codes simply need the door to be shut, the door switch changed, the water inlet valve replaced, or the drain pump filter to be cleared and or cleaned, etc…

Samsung Washer Drain Debris FilterSamsung Washer Drain Debris Filter – Drain Pump Filter

How to Understand Samsung Error Codes

Another example is the LE error code which means a Water leak error, it means the washer has excessive SUDS or possibly a faulty water level switch.

Other common error codes can be cleared by pressing the Start-Pause button or by removing power to the washer. See below…

Samsung Washing Machine Control Panel - START PAUSE BUTTONSamsung Washing Machine Control Panel – START PAUSE BUTTON

Other Samsung error codes that can be reset by removing the power can include water heater issues, water pressure issues, abnormal water temperature issues, motor restriction issues, and over current errors.

Have a question about ANY Samsung Washing Machine Error Code? Please leave a comment below!

1 Hishu August 11, 2017 at 10:19 am

I am getting the dE error code on Samsung washer.
The water filled but once that is done then immediately the machine displays code “dE”.
I checked all fittings, pipe, etc, all appears ok to me.

2 Khalid August 4, 2017 at 11:35 am

My WA10V5 top loader samsung washing machine have a problem in the control of the water pump, it became faulty, and when replaced it works continuously, Please any help?

3 JM August 2, 2017 at 4:49 pm

My Samsung washer WF419AAW/XAA 01 was displaying error code t3. I replaced the termistor (Temp. Sensor) and it still displays the same error code.

4 Jasem Sabarre July 29, 2017 at 4:30 am

My washing is not working and only “- -” is showing and doesn’t start

5 Bec July 26, 2017 at 2:27 am

The error code shows FL. I changed the door switch but the error code is still there. What do I do now?

6 Mehwish July 4, 2017 at 11:16 am

My washing machine displays a 4e error it only spins.what to do its not washing and rinsing

7 Stenelle brewer June 30, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I switched the breaker that goes to my Samsung Washer on accident and then it gives me an error code 8e.
Now it won’t run.

8 Esther June 27, 2017 at 7:09 pm

My Samsung washer WF42H5000AW/A2 model has been showing dE since yesterday. The close is closing properly but water is not just getting into the washer. I have checked the hose and cleaned the filters but the error is still showing. Any tips on how to clear this error

9 elena June 20, 2017 at 9:24 pm

my Samsung 7.5kg digitalinverter top loader machine. power will not turn on have had machine turned off at powerpoint for 2 days and still machine is not turning on. It is on e of the replacement machines from the recall. Was working fine and now nothing. This happened before but I had to leave machine for 1 week. It is ticking me off I can not keep going like this I have a family kids at school and need to wash. Is there some sort of reset or do I need to ring Samsung. thanks

10 H Joubert June 13, 2017 at 4:59 pm

My machine show E5

11 Lisa June 9, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Samsung top loading washing machine. The wash machine will run and when I go check to see if it’s done the clothes are still soaked. So I try to just run it on the spin cycle, it spins but then goes back to filling up with water again. I’m so annoyed!!

12 Chelsea June 18, 2017 at 5:19 am

I’m having the exact same issue!

13 Retha June 7, 2017 at 4:07 am

My Sumsung washing machine has a PE code. Please help

14 Marija Šuta June 1, 2017 at 8:22 am

My Samsung washing machine has error bE3.
I’ve pressed start button, two buttons at the same time and now it is unplugged.

DIY Project Help Tips 15 DIY Project Help Tips June 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Marija Šuta,
SAMSUNG WASHER FAULT CODES: bE or bE1 or bE2 or bE3
SAMSUNG WASHER ERROR DEFINITION = button on control panel sticking – faulty main PCB relay
The bE, bE1, bE2, and bE3 error codes represent a button on the control panel being held in or sticking for too long, or a faulty main PCB relay.

16 Stu April 8, 2017 at 11:40 pm

My washer stops mid cycle along with a series of electronic clicking noises from the panel. It sticks at this spot until the machine is switched off.