How To Reset Samsung Washing Machine Error Codes?

Your Samsung washer can display many different error codes. No matter what the error code, you can try to reset the Samsung washer to erase, clear, or remove the error code by simply removing power to the washer. This can reset the main control board or whichever washer component that is causing the error code to appear. At times an error code is not truly an error, it may be just a “glitch” that has randomly appeared. Because of this, resetting the washer by removing power is the first thing to do.

How To Reset A Samsung Washing Machine When You Get An Error CodeHow To Reset A Samsung Washing Machine When You Get An Error Code

To reset your Samsung washing machine you need to simply disconnect the washing machine from power for 5 to 10 minutes. (Unplug the washer from the wall outlet or flip the breaker in the breaker box for the washing machine). Once the 5 to 10 minutes has passed, connect power to your Samsung washer and run a test wash load to see if the error code has cleared. If not, see below…

Newer digital Samsung washing machine error codes appear as a 2 digit code on the display screen, they can appear as letters or numbers or even both. When a code appears on your Samsung washer and you have already tried the unplug reset, you need to identify the error code to fix the washer.

Samsung washing machine - 4e common error codeSamsung washing machine – 4e common error code

The many Samsung Washing Machine error codes can include dL, dS, d5, FL, Hr, LO, 5E, SE, 4E, ND, NF, dE, UE, DC, 3E, bE, LE, HE, tE, IE, CE, OE, etc…
Find out what all these error codes mean here… Samsung Washing Machine Error Fault Codes.

Samsung washing machine error codes listHere is a list of some Samsung Washer Error/Fault Codes

Samsung Error Code DC means you have an unbalanced load. Move the clothing around to be sure clothing is not in one area. Spread it out and test to clear DC error code.

For an example, the Samsung Washer OE error code means the washer has detected an overfill situation. This may mean the water inlet valve is faulty or the water level sensor is faulty. Troubleshooting is needed for some error codes.

Other Samsung washer error codes simply need the door to be shut, the door switch changed, the water inlet valve replaced, or the drain pump filter to be cleared and or cleaned, etc…

Samsung Washer Drain Debris FilterSamsung Washer Drain Debris Filter – Drain Pump Filter

How to Understand Samsung Error Codes

Another example is the LE error code which means a Water leak error, it means the washer has excessive SUDS or possibly a faulty water level switch.

Other common error codes can be cleared by pressing the Start-Pause button or by removing power to the washer. See below…

Samsung Washing Machine Control Panel - START PAUSE BUTTONSamsung Washing Machine Control Panel – START PAUSE BUTTON

Other Samsung error codes that can be reset by removing the power can include water heater issues, water pressure issues, abnormal water temperature issues, motor restriction issues, and over current errors.

Have a question about ANY Samsung Washing Machine Error Code? Please leave a comment below!

ALLEN VETTER - DIY Repair Assistant
Allen is a Home Maintenance/Appliance tech and the author/creator of this website. He has 30 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing all types of machinery. Contact here

1 sarah September 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm

samsung wf45k6200aw/a2 keeps showing a 4C code for water not filling/pressure issues. Checked & cleaned all filters. Removed power and still does it. Only had it for a few months. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Jeffrey August 27, 2018 at 9:58 am

my Samsung top loader model number WA80U3 displays .. code and will not operate. the pressure water fill value has been replaced and the machine still displays e1.
What else could be wrong. please help.

3 Kristi Wilson August 8, 2018 at 7:31 am

Samsung 5.6cu Front Load shows DE1. I assume the door lock is acting up. How do I clear it? My clothing is hostage ATM. I appreciate any advice!

4 Lori Mauldin July 23, 2018 at 10:47 pm

My Samsung top loader, model WA45H7000AW/A2 displays a UE symbol on EVERY load, even after repositioning the laundry. I have to hand ring the items before putting them in the dryer. I have unplugged it to try and reset it and checked the tub for obstructions and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Lily August 3, 2018 at 2:43 am

calibrate your machine… make sure it is empty
Look in the user manual for your machine and find the article on calibration mode… You can also find the user manaual at Samsung.com by entering your model number in the search field…

6 Salvation Dikale June 21, 2018 at 9:13 am

My washing is not showing any error code but it is showing the face that is in between the temperature and spin,i dont know what is wrong,it switches on but does not run.I tried switching it off from the plug but there are no changes.

7 venkat June 28, 2018 at 4:00 pm

child lock activated. To deactivate the child lock press simultaneously Temp and Spin for 3seconds.

8 Chas Paley June 7, 2018 at 9:14 am

My Samsung eco bubble displays a flashing key after the machine has stopped ( the one that shows the door is locked) how do I reset please

9 Matthew Williams June 3, 2018 at 1:18 am

My Samsung washer isn’t filling with water. Had the NF code but it went away after in-plugging it for a while. The only cycle that works is the rinse+spin cycle. Confused why the rinse+spin cycle would work and none of the others do. Any thoughts?

10 Sarah May 21, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I have a Samsung Ecobubble 8.0kg washing machine. It keeps showing the SE/5E error code after a period of time on any wash cycle. it sounds as though it does not want to pump out the water. I have tried different was cycles and eventually have to manually drain the machine. The debris filter is now clear and the waste pipe is also clear. Any ideas??

11 Will May 14, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Samsung WF210ANW/XAA washing machine does not start. Door locks, shows code nd, which is a drain problem, but washer is drained. When I go into quick check mode, it displays code F3, which is not in the list of codes I have for that washer. Do you know what is going on here?

12 Eyad Alshatnawi March 3, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Error H1 and stop working
But when we put quick 29 minuets it’s working

13 Heather C December 4, 2017 at 1:46 am

Samsung VRT… code A02.

I can’t anything on it online. And for some reason, my manual isn’t in its normal place. Any ideas?

14 Aroma November 30, 2017 at 1:11 pm

My Samsung washing machine is turning off and restarting.
Whatever I choose : Quick 29m / Rinse and spin / Spin…. Etc
It’s just turns off and restarts all over again.
What do I do in order to fix this?

15 Fifi Mabika November 28, 2017 at 7:36 am

Hi. My front loader gives an error code dE even after closing the door properly. I tried switching of at the wall and removing huge plug, cleaning the drain filter. Nothing seems to work. Please assist.

16 Matilda November 27, 2017 at 10:54 pm

It’s an LE code there’s no leaks no suds what do I do??

17 Cathy Blanchard November 26, 2017 at 3:56 pm

My washer keeps getting the error code nL….she is getting lots of water but won’t finish her cycle…..i tried re-setting an nothing works…..help!!!!!…..very frustrated!!!!!!!

18 Chrissy November 24, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Hi, I have an older model samsung front loading washing machine that keeps stopping half way through the wash cycle and the code nd keeps popping up. I have yried unplugging it for 10 minutes. That didn’t work. I tried to find the filter and followed a you tube video and there us no filter that can be accessed in the back. Also the hose is not clogged. As nd means that its not draining. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for your time.
-Chrissy

19 Hubert Gervais August 8, 2018 at 12:47 pm

I have a Samsung front load Model WF306BAW/XAC. Starts the wash cycle then stops and nothing happens. NO ERROR code!! Drain and pump were opened and no clogs found.Everything is clean. Appears to be at the drain cycle but will not drain. Time remaining does not change. It has been unplugged from power to try to reset errors.
Any suggestions as to what is the problem?

20 Victoria October 3, 2017 at 2:31 am

My dryer has a error code of HC2.

21 DIY Project Help Tips October 3, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Victoria,
Please take a second look at your Samsung Dryer as the HC2 error code is not in the database.
Are you sure it is not 3C2?
Let us know the model number too.

22 Paul Nkansa August 19, 2017 at 8:55 am

I am currently experiencing a 4E error. When we put laundry in the Samsung wobble we have and press the usual settings it begins to sound as if it’s washing without any movement whatsoever and the water that comes in just drains away.

It’s starts at 38 minutes and when it reaches 34 minutes the 4E error appears and everything stops inclouding the water.

I need help

23 Hishu August 11, 2017 at 10:19 am

I am getting the dE error code on Samsung washer.
The water filled but once that is done then immediately the machine displays code “dE”.
I checked all fittings, pipe, etc, all appears ok to me.

24 Khalid August 4, 2017 at 11:35 am

My WA10V5 top loader samsung washing machine have a problem in the control of the water pump, it became faulty, and when replaced it works continuously, Please any help?

25 JM August 2, 2017 at 4:49 pm

My Samsung washer WF419AAW/XAA 01 was displaying error code t3. I replaced the termistor (Temp. Sensor) and it still displays the same error code.

26 Jasem Sabarre July 29, 2017 at 4:30 am

My washing is not working and only “- -” is showing and doesn’t start

27 Bec July 26, 2017 at 2:27 am

The error code shows FL. I changed the door switch but the error code is still there. What do I do now?

28 Mehwish July 4, 2017 at 11:16 am

My washing machine displays a 4e error it only spins.what to do its not washing and rinsing

29 Stenelle brewer June 30, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I switched the breaker that goes to my Samsung Washer on accident and then it gives me an error code 8e.
Now it won’t run.

30 Esther June 27, 2017 at 7:09 pm

My Samsung washer WF42H5000AW/A2 model has been showing dE since yesterday. The close is closing properly but water is not just getting into the washer. I have checked the hose and cleaned the filters but the error is still showing. Any tips on how to clear this error

31 elena June 20, 2017 at 9:24 pm

my Samsung 7.5kg digitalinverter top loader machine. power will not turn on have had machine turned off at powerpoint for 2 days and still machine is not turning on. It is on e of the replacement machines from the recall. Was working fine and now nothing. This happened before but I had to leave machine for 1 week. It is ticking me off I can not keep going like this I have a family kids at school and need to wash. Is there some sort of reset or do I need to ring Samsung. thanks

32 H Joubert June 13, 2017 at 4:59 pm

My machine show E5

33 Lisa June 9, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Samsung top loading washing machine. The wash machine will run and when I go check to see if it’s done the clothes are still soaked. So I try to just run it on the spin cycle, it spins but then goes back to filling up with water again. I’m so annoyed!!

34 Chelsea June 18, 2017 at 5:19 am

I’m having the exact same issue!

35 Tracy Johnson June 11, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Me too, EVERY LOAD, no matter the size… any ideas on what to do?

36 Retha June 7, 2017 at 4:07 am

My Sumsung washing machine has a PE code. Please help

37 Marija Šuta June 1, 2017 at 8:22 am

My Samsung washing machine has error bE3.
I’ve pressed start button, two buttons at the same time and now it is unplugged.

38 DIY Project Help Tips June 1, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Marija Šuta,
SAMSUNG WASHER FAULT CODES: bE or bE1 or bE2 or bE3
SAMSUNG WASHER ERROR DEFINITION = button on control panel sticking – faulty main PCB relay
The bE, bE1, bE2, and bE3 error codes represent a button on the control panel being held in or sticking for too long, or a faulty main PCB relay.

39 Stu April 8, 2017 at 11:40 pm

My washer stops mid cycle along with a series of electronic clicking noises from the panel. It sticks at this spot until the machine is switched off.