Samsung Washing Machine Displays Error Code DC – How To Clear Error?

Is your Samsung washing machine showing the error code DC or UE? If you are doing a wash load in your Samsung washer and either of these error codes show up on your washers display, it means that you have an unbalanced load. This is not a serious error code, it simply means there is too much clothing in your washer or it has accumulated to one side and because of that the load is UNBALANCED. You may have bed sheets or towels in the washer and there are either too many sheets or towels or they have found their way to one side of the washer therefore the washer tells you it has an unbalanced load.

Samsung Washer DC Error CodeSamsung Washer DC Error Code

Here is exactly what these 2 different but similar error codes DC & UE mean:
SAMSUNG DC ERROR CODE: The DC error code shows on your washers display when your Samsung washer is unable to spin DUE to an unbalanced load.
SAMSUNG UE ERROR CODE: The UE error code tells you that the laundry load is unbalanced and therefore cannot spin.

Both of the DC & UE error codes work together to tell you that you have an unbalanced load and because of that… the WASHER WILL NOT SPIN.

If you get the DC or UE error code, simply redistribute the laundry load by removing some items and moving some items of clothing so the tub is balanced. (Not having a mass of clothing all on one side)

Once you have taken some clothing out of your Samsung washer or you have redistributed the load of laundry: PRESS THE START/PAUSE BUTTON TO CLEAR THE ERROR.

See the chart below for the load and type of clothing load recommended for Samsung washers:

Samsung DC UE error code washer capacity chartSamsung DC UE error code washer capacity chart

Samsung Washer Troubleshooting – DC Error or Unbalanced Load

Samsung top load washer dc error unbalanced fix

If you need help or have issues with the DC or UE error code on your Samsung washer, please leave a question below and we will be happy to assist.

Parts: Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers
Appliance Parts for Refrigerators Washers Dryers Dishwashers

1 Sharon Deen October 12, 2016 at 1:34 am

My Samsung washing machine keeps saying DC.
I would redistribute the clothes but still it keeps saying DC.
What should I do?

DIY Project Help Tips 2 DIY Project Help Tips October 12, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Sharon Deen,
The DC error code occurs when a Samsung washer is unable to spin due to an unbalanced load.
Try to redistribute the items inside the washer and press the Start/Pause button to clear this error.

3 Dustin Hicks October 19, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Mine will do this with EVERY load, no matter how small or big. I can often put it in repair mode to make it spin out and it will work fine, but when in normal mode it will throw itself off balance every time. It’s even doing it some without any clothes in the washer.

4 Gretchen October 1, 2016 at 9:22 pm

My Samsung has just recently started with the DC code. It drains, starts to spin, and then starts hard loud noises and codes. I’ve pulled clothes out and redistributed. I’ve had my washer for a while now, and it’s always been great. I really can’t afford a repairman right now!

5 Megan July 15, 2016 at 1:54 pm

The only time my washer doesn’t pop up the DC code is when I run it completely empty with no clothes in it at all. It doesn’t matter if I have a big load of clothes or a very small load of clothes, the DC code always pops up.

DIY Project Help Tips 6 DIY Project Help Tips July 15, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Megan,
You probably have a load sensor error, can you tell us the complete model number of your Samsung washer?

7 Tracy July 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I have the same problem. That code comes up everytime doesn’t matter the load size

8 Anthony July 6, 2016 at 5:06 pm

I have model wa456drhdsu/aa01 out of balance on everything. Or anything. Yes it is level. Suspension rods are not visibly broken. And I hear liquid in the balance ring. Any ideas ? Dc error also.

9 Marsha Stewart May 21, 2016 at 3:17 pm

I get the DC code ALL THE TIME ON EVERY LOAD!!! HELP!! I redistribute 3-4 times during a wash cycle! It takes forever to get ONE LOAD DONE!!!! Hate this Samsung!!!

DIY Project Help Tips 10 DIY Project Help Tips May 24, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Marsha Stewart,
Try running an empty load and see if the error appears.

11 Melissa July 6, 2016 at 4:42 am

I get the DC code every time I was a load whether its 4 things or a full load…I have ran an empty load and it did just fine… What can this be?

12 Cassie Alexander September 18, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Same here! I have no time to repeatedly run this washer til it doesn’t have the DC error.

13 deb May 12, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I have had a problem with the dc code for some time now. I have had a repair man look at the machine, actually took it back to his shop and said nothing was wrong with it, he brought it back I did three loads of laundry and the next load got the dc code, No matter what I do, re distribute the clothing, turn off, turn on, set to rinse/spin, change the load – normal, heavy, towels, etc. I still get the same code. We have had the machine just less than a year. I am beyond upset with Samsung.

DIY Project Help Tips 14 DIY Project Help Tips May 13, 2016 at 7:22 pm

deb,
Might be a sensor, tub stabilizer, or the main board is defective.
Did the service tech check all sensors, stabilizers, and the main control board?

15 Shaun Baker April 18, 2016 at 2:32 pm

My washer shows DC error code on every load. I’ve redistributed the clothing. Taking clothes out. Restarted on spin only. Keeps stopping with DC error even with only two or three items. Never done before. Now it does this several times each load. Takes hours to do 1 load. What should I do?

DIY Project Help Tips 16 DIY Project Help Tips April 19, 2016 at 1:17 am

Shaun Baker,
Have you tried to press the Start/Pause button to clear the DC error on your Samsung washer. If nothing solves the DC eroor code, you may have a sensor that is bad or simply not connected (loose). Check wiring harnesses as one may be loose and causung the error. Connect and reconnect if possible. Let us know what you find.

17 Gb. January 24, 2016 at 3:49 am

SAMSUNG EASHER – 2 YEARS OLD – $750
“DC ERROR” Spin, then Stop and Refill and SPIN again … then Stop and Refill and SPIN …again

____My Solution___
I tried some You Tubes solutions and commented solutions…

What DOES NOT WORKS (to me):

#1 “DC Error” Stands for distribute charge
___not solve the problem for me___
I re-distribute and re-distributed it in different ways. This does not work. I put only two identical pieces evenly distributed…not working. Then four pieces and …Don’t Work.

#2 Leveling and Leveling and Leveling…
___not solve the problem for me___
I think the best way to level is filling with some water and checking the water level touch the same line of holes in the inner drum.

You have to revise that all feets touch firmly the floor.
Don’t Work for me.

#3 Pading and Pading and Pading
__not solve the problem for me___
I used memory foam, a pillow, a wooden stick, etc, etc. I padded first the upper side…then the lower side…I tried differents padding configurations….work one time in 20 tries…and then DC ERROR again.

#4 Cleaning the suspension Rods with degreaser…
___not solve the problem for me___
If you think that the center plastic part of the suspension rod should move freely…thats and error.
The “shock absorber” action is not working if the center plastic over the coil moves freely. Cleaning make it worst. Oiling them does not work neither.
The new ones that I received has much resistance to movement…and have a very sticky grease on the rod.

WHAT SOLVE MY PROBLEM ?
I BUY THE FOUR SUSPENSION RODS AND INSTALLED THEM…at the same time.

NOW WORKING FOR 2 MONTH STRAIGHT.

I THINK THE SPAN LIFE FOR THEM WILL BE TWO AN HALF YEARS….Shame on Samsung !