Is your Samsung washing machine showing the error code DC? The DC error code appears when an unbalanced load prevents a Samsung washer from spinning. Try to redistribute the items inside the washer and press the Start/Pause button to clear this error.
Samsung washer DC error code
What is Samsung DC Error Code?
The DC error code on a Samsung washing machine signifies that the load is unbalanced. This typically happens when there’s too much laundry loaded on one side of the drum, restricting the washer’s ability to spin properly. The Samsung DC error code can also appear when the washer is attempting to spin but can’t due to an uneven load distribution.
Fixing the Samsung DC Error
- Redistribute the Load: The first step to solve the DC error code issue is to redistribute the laundry load. Open the washer door and rearrange the clothes inside the drum. Ensure that the weight is evenly distributed to help the drum maintain balance during the spin cycle.
- Remove Some Items: If redistributing doesn’t solve the issue, try removing some items from the drum. Overloading the washer can lead to an unbalanced load, so take out a few pieces and try running the machine again.
- Run a Rinse/Spin Cycle: After redistributing the load or removing some items, run a rinse/spin cycle. This process will help the machine rebalance the load.
- Press the Start/Pause Button: If the error code still appears after following the above steps, press the start/pause button to clear the error.
If these steps don’t clear the error, you may have overloaded the machine. In this case, remove some items and try again.
Preventing Samsung DC Error Code
- Avoid Overloading: Don’t fill the drum to its maximum capacity. An overloaded machine is more likely to produce a DC error.
- Balanced Loading: Whenever you’re loading your washing machine, make sure to distribute the clothes evenly. Balance heavy items with lighter ones.
- Use the Right Cycle: Select the appropriate wash cycle for your laundry. Delicate items and heavy items should be washed separately to prevent imbalance.
The DC error code on your Samsung washing machine is an easy issue to resolve. By following these simple steps and tips, you can prevent this error from occurring in the future. If you continue experiencing this issue, it might be worth consulting with a professional or leaving a comment below and we can assist you to fix it.
See the chart below for the load and type of clothing load recommended for Samsung washers:
Samsung washer load capacity chart
Samsung Washer DC Error FAQ
What does the DC error code on my Samsung washing machine mean?
The DC error code on your Samsung washing machine signifies a problem with the machine’s drum balance. This often means that the load inside the machine is unbalanced, causing the drum to spin unevenly.
You can fix the DC error code by redistributing the load in your washing machine to ensure that it’s balanced. If the error persists, you might need to check for loose or damaged parts in the suspension system or drum assembly.
While the machine may still function with the DC error code showing, it’s not advisable to use it. The unbalanced load could cause further damage to the machine or result in poor washing results.
While redistributing the load can often fix the DC error code, if the problem persists or if there are damaged components, it’s advisable to call a professional. A trained technician can diagnose and fix the problem without causing additional damage.
To avoid the DC error code, ensure that you’re loading the washing machine correctly. The load should be evenly distributed and not exceed the machine’s load capacity. Regular maintenance checks can also help detect and rectify potential issues early.
If you still need help or have issues with the DC or UE error code on your Samsung washer, please leave a question below and we will be happy to assist.