We recently dropped our Android Motorola cell phone into the toilet. Yep, it happens. We did everything possible and very quickly to get it dry and surprisingly, it now works perfectly. Here are a few ways to dry it off as fast as possible to see if it will ever turn back on.
- First, QUICKLY take the cell phone apart by removing every component. The case, the cover, the battery, the SIM card, the memory card.
- Dry everything off with a towel. The phone will be wet internally so spin and twist it around in the air to get any excess water out of it.
- Get a hair dryer and get some warm air moving over top of the phone. Try and have the hot air flow over the phone and evaporate the moisture. Once you have gotten all of the water and moisture out of the phone you possibly can, fill a large bowl with rice.
- Put your phone in the rice and bury it. Rice pulls out moisture and this trick will remove the excess moisture from the inside of your phone. Ever see a salt shaker full of rice? Same principal, the rice keeps the salt dry therefore it can be dispensed without sticking. Give your phone a FULL DAY in the rice.
- Take the phone out of the rice and cross your fingers. Put the components back in the phone and try turning it on. If will not turn on, grab an extra battery or charge it up as it may be drained. If your phone won’t turn back on then it may be DEAD. You can try the wet phone drying procedure again and hope for the best.
If you cannot afford a brand new phone, try checking on auction sites like Ebay or free classified ad websites like Craigs List.
You can also buy a prepaid phone from the same carrier you use, stick your previous working SIM card in it and you have a phone to use instantly.
USE RICE TO DRY OUT YOUR WET CELL PHONE – THIS VIDEO SHOWS HOW