My garden hose spray nozzle leaks. When I turn the water ON for the garden hose it leaks from the spray nozzle. How is this fixed easily? Here is a step by step method with pictures to fix your leaking garden hose nozzle.
Some items needed to fix a leaking nozzle:
– Rubber hose washer
– Teflon (plumbers) tape
– Rubber band
– Self fusing repair tape
– Cracked plastic spray nozzle – replace spray nozzle
– Threaded part of hose is bent – replace garden hose
How to fix a leaking spray hose nozzle?
1. Turn the water off at the source.
2. Spray the garden hose nozzle to release water pressure.
3. Remove the nozzle by twisting counter clockwise (lefty loosey – righty tighty).
4. Inspect the threaded area of the nozzle – damaged, cracked, missing rubber washer?
5. If the rubber washer is missing – replace with new rubber washer of try a small rubber band.
6. To leak proof the spray nozzle, apply some self fusing repair tape or teflon tape to the garden hose threads if the nozzle continues to leak.
7. Once completed, thread the nozzle back onto the garden hose.
8. Turn the water on and check for leaks.
If the spray nozzle is plastic and it is cracked or damaged, replace it. If the metal threaded part of the garden hose is bent, smushed, or dented, the spray nozzle will not thread onto the hose. Replace the garden hose to avoid leaks.
Garden Hose Nozzle Leaking – Fix With Rubber Band
Fix your leaking garden hose nozzle
Step-by-step with pictures…
Do you have a leaking hose that you cannot repair? Let us know your situation and we can help. Ask your questions using the comment section below.