LG dryer error code D90 indicates a problem with the airflow in the dryer’s ventilation system. Here are 4 common reasons why the error D90 shows on the dryers display.
What is error D90 on LG dryer?
The D90 error code on an LG dryer signifies a 90% blockage in the dryer’s exhaust system. This means that the dryer is not able to push enough air out through its vent, leading to inefficient drying and potential safety hazards. The blockage is caused by a buildup of lint in the ventilation system.
The 4 ways to fix d90 error code
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer.
- Check exhaust hose for blockages.
- Inspect the wall duct for lint.
- Be sure exterior vent is not clogged.
Before you start troubleshooting, ensure that the dryer is switched off and unplugged from the power source.
How to fix error D90?
To resolve the D90 error code and restore your dryer’s functionality, you need to clear the blockage in the dryer’s ventilation system. Follow these steps to remove the error code:
1. Clean the lint filter
A clogged lint filter is the most common cause of this error code. When the lint filter is not cleaned regularly, it can cause a buildup of lint, restricting the airflow and leading to inefficient drying. Locate the lint filter, remove it, and clean it thoroughly. Make sure to remove all lint before placing it back into the dryer.
2. Disconnect the exhaust hose
The exhaust hose connected to the back of the dryer can become blocked with lint or debris, causing a restriction in the airflow. Pull the dryer away from the wall and disconnect the exhaust hose from the back of the dryer. Check for any blockages and remove any lint or debris present in the hose. You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove lint effectively.
3. Inspect the wall duct
The ductwork within the walls of your home can also accumulate lint, leading to blockages. Check the wall duct for any blockages and remove them if present.
4. Examine the exterior vent
The exterior vent, which expels the hot air from the dryer, can become blocked with lint or other debris, impeding proper airflow. If you have access to the exterior vent, check for any blockages and remove them.
Reassemble and test
Once all components of the ventilation system have been cleaned, reattach the exhaust hose, and position the dryer back in place. Plug the LG dryer back into the power outlet, then check if the error code has cleared or has been reset. If the error code keeps showing on the display, try resetting the dryer.
LG Dryer Model Numbers that apply: DLE7300WE, DLEX3700V, DLGX3701V, DLE7100W, and DLG7101W.
Ways to prevent D90 error?
To prevent the recurrence of the D90 error code and ensure the efficient operation of your dryer, it is essential to regularly maintain the dryer’s ventilation system. Here are some tips to help you maintain your dryer:
- Clean the lint filter after each use. Make it a habit to remove and clean the lint filter before loading the dryer with a new batch of laundry.
- Periodically inspect and clean the exhaust hose, wall duct, and exterior vent. Ensure that these components are free from lint and debris.
- Ensure that your dryer is installed according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Avoid using long or twisted exhaust hoses, as they can lead to airflow restrictions and blockages.
- Make sure the exterior vent is installed correctly and is free from any obstructions.
When dealing with the LG Dryer Error Code D90, it is crucial to prioritize safety. Follow these safety precautions while working on your dryer:
- Always unplug the dryer before performing any maintenance or repair work.
- Wear protective gloves to prevent cuts and abrasions while handling sharp edges and components.
- If you are unsure about any aspect of the repair process, consult a professional.
Regular maintenance and proper installation can help prevent the recurrence of this error code.
D90 dryer error questions
Q: How do I clear the D90 error code on my LG dryer?
A: To clear the error code, power off the dryer, clean the lint filter, disconnect the exhaust hose, and clean the components of the ventilation system, including the wall duct and outside vent.
Q: Can I resolve the D90 error code without professional assistance?
A: While some homeowners may be able to resolve the D90 error code on their own, it’s best to call an appliance repair technician if you’re unsure or uncomfortable performing the necessary steps.
Q: How often should I clean my dryer’s lint filter?
A: It’s recommended to clean the lint filter after every use to ensure proper airflow and prevent lint buildup, which can cause error codes like D90.