What happens when you need to program or reprogram your LG AC remote control? In this guide, we will show you the steps required to program an air conditioner remote control with universal remote codes to work with any remote control.
Program Your LG AC Remote
Familiarize yourself with the basic functions and buttons on your LG AC remote control. Some of the key buttons you should know include the power button, mode button, temperature adjustment buttons, fan speed button and the timer button.
Step 1: Power On Your AC Unit
Ensure that your LG air conditioner is plugged in and switched on. The power light on the unit should be lit, indicating that it is ready to receive commands from the remote control.
Step 2: Locate the ‘Mode’ Button
On your LG AC remote control, find the button labeled ‘Mode’. This button allows you to switch between different operation modes such as cool, heat, dry, and fan.
Step 3: Select the Desired Mode
Press the ‘Mode’ button until the desired operation mode is displayed on the remote control’s screen. Each press will cycle through the different modes.
Step 4: Adjust the Temperature
Once you’ve selected the desired mode, use the ‘Temp Up’ and ‘Temp Down’ buttons to set the temperature to your preference.
Step 5: Adjust the Fan Speed
Next, locate the ‘Fan Speed’ button on your remote control. Press this button to cycle through the available fan speed options.
Step 6: Set the Timer (Optional)
If you wish to set a timer, press the ‘Timer’ button and use the ‘Hour Up’ and ‘Hour Down’ buttons to set the desired time.
Step 7: Confirm Your Settings
Once you’ve adjusted all the settings to your preference, press the ‘Confirm’ button to send these settings to your AC unit. Your LG air conditioner should now operate according to the settings you’ve inputted.
Use Universal Remote Code To Program
- Turn on the AC unit: Make sure your LG air conditioner is connected to power and turned on.
- Prepare the remote: Take the LG air conditioner remote and ensure it has working batteries.
- Enter setup mode: Usually, there is a “Set” or “Setup” button on the remote. Press this button to enter the setup mode. Some models may require you to press and hold this button.
- Enter the code: Once in setup mode, use the number pad on the remote to enter the specific code for your LG air conditioner. This code can usually be found in the AC’s instruction manual. If you don’t have the code, you can usually use an auto-search function if it’s available on your remote. (Here are a few LG Universal AC Remote Codes to use if your remote has been reset: 262, 285, 600, 677, 979, 0832, 0817, 0648, 0002, 0191, 0197, 0504, 0534, 1262, 1285, 0820, 0294, 1111, and 0017.)
- Confirm the code: After entering the code, press the “Enter” or “Confirm” button.
- Test the remote: Try using the remote to control the air conditioner. If it doesn’t work, repeat the steps with a different code or reset the AC remote.
LG AC Models Numbers
This guide is applicable to a wide range of LG air conditioner models, including but not limited to:
- LG LP0817WSR
- LG LP1217GSR
- LG LW8016ER
- LG LW1016ER
- LG LW1216ER
- LG LW1816ER
- LG LW2217IVSM
- LG LP1419IVSM
- LG LW1517IVSM
If you still encounter difficulties or have questions related to your specific LG air conditioner model, feel free to leave a comment below. A seasoned appliance repair expert will get back to you with a detailed solution to help you enjoy a cool and comfortable environment.