Samsung Dryer Error Fault Codes – What To Check – How To Clear

Samsung dryer error codes are shown on your dryers display to help you troubleshoot the problem with your dryer. Our error codes below will help you to identify what is wrong with your Samsung dryer. Once you have identified the error code, this will tell you which part is causing the issue. You can then check the part in question and clean or replace it if needed. Samsung dryer help videos are here if needed.

Samsung Dryer Error CodesSamsung Dryer Error Codes

Samsung Dryer Error Code = bE
Error Condition = Button is STUCK on control panel
Check and or Repair = Try to free the stuck button by pressing all the buttons on the control panel. If the button stays stuck then replace the user interface control.
Parts For Replacement = User Interface Control

Samsung Dryer Error Code = Od
Error Condition = Excessive (Too Long) drying time
Check and or Repair = Remove power to the dryer. Check the moisture sensor bar and wiring connections. Reconnect any loose wires and replace the wire harness if it has damage. Replace the moisture sensor bar if damage is found.
Parts For Replacement = Moisture Sensor Bar – Wire Harness

Samsung Dryer Error Code = Et
Error Condition = Control board failure
Check and or Repair = Remove power to the dryer for 10 minutes to try and reset the control board. If the error code comes back after restoring the power to your dryer then replace the electronic control board.
Parts For Replacement = Electronic Control Board

Samsung Dryer Error Code = tS
Error Condition = Temperature Sensor = The thermistor is shorted
Check and or Repair = Remove power to the dryer. Test the resistance of the thermistor with a meter. If you find the resistance is over forty thousand ohms then you need to replace the thermistor. If you find the resistance is ten thousand ohms then you need to replace the wire harness if you find it damaged. If the wire harness is not damaged then replace the electronic control board.
Parts For Replacement = Thermistor – Electronic Control Board – Wire Harness

Dryer Thermistor Replacement – Samsung Dryer Repair

Samsung Dryer Error Code = tO
Error Condition = Thermistor is electrically stuck open
Check and or Repair = Remove power to the dryer. Test the resistance of the thermistor with a meter. The thermistor should be ten thousand ohms of resistance at room temp. If the resistance is higher than forty thousand ohms then you need to replace it. If the resistance is normal then check the wire harness and replace it if you find it damaged. If the wire harness is not damaged then replace the electronic control board.
Parts For Replacement = Thermistor – Electronic Control Board – Wire Harness

Repair Samsung Dryer TO (T0) code

Samsung Dryer Error Code = do
Error Condition = Door is in open position
Check and or Repair = Shut the dryer door. If you still have the do erro code, remove power to the dryer and check for a loose wiring connection in the door switch. If loose then reconnect the wire harness. Replace the harness if you find damage. If wiring is okay then replace the door switch.
Parts For Replacement = Door Switch – Wire Harness

Samsung Dryer Error Code = FE
Error Condition = Power supply out of range (frequency)
Check and or Repair = If the dryer is getting the power it requires then replace the electronic control board.
Parts For Replacement = Electronic Control Board

Samsung Dryer Error Code = dF
Error Condition = Door has circuit fail
Check and or Repair = Remove power from the dryer. Check for loose wire connections in the door switch. Reconnect a loose or disconnected wire harness. If the wire harness is damaged then replace it. Replace the door switch if you find it to be defective.
Parts For Replacement = Door Switch – Wire Harness

Samsung Dryer Error Code = HE or hE
Error Condition = Heating error issue (FOR GAS DRYER)
Check and or Repair = Be sure the gas supply valve for the dryer is fully in the open position. Remove power to the dryer and if needed reconnect any wiring that is loose. Check wiring connections on the gas valve coils. If the wire harness is damaged replace it.
Parts For Replacement = Wire Harness – Gas Dryer Heat Components

Samsung Dryer Display Panel HE error codeSamsung Dryer Display Panel HE error code

How To Replace Samsung Dryer Heating Element

Samsung Dryer Error Code = HE or hE
Error Condition = Heating error issue (FOR ELECTRIC DRYER)
Check and or Repair = Check to be sure a circuit breaker for the dryer has not tripped. Your dryer will not heat if a breaker of the 240V power supply is turned off. Remove power to the dryer and check the wires on the heat element. Reconnect loose wires and replace the wire harness if it is found to be damaged. Make sure the heat element is not damaged. Replace the heating element if damaged.
Parts For Replacement = Wire Harness – Electric Dryer Heat Element

How to Troubleshoot a Samsung Dryer that is Not Heating

Samsung Dryer Replacement PartsSamsung Dryer Replacement Parts

More clothes dryer troubleshooting for Frigidaire Dryer Error Codes, GE Dryer Error Codes, Kenmore Dryer Error Codes, LG Dryer Error Codes, Maytag Dryer Error Codes, Samsung Dryer Error Codes, and Whirlpool Dryer Error Codes.

If your Samsung Dryer error code is not listed here or you have issues with any Samsung Dryer Error Code, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to assist you with your dryer error code problem.

1 Christina Marie Britton July 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm

I have a Samsung multi steam front load dryer and the symbol that is blinking in red is a graph like symbol

2 Kia July 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Te error code.
Means lint is is clogged dryer runs few minutes then stopped!
Help wanted.. please offer advice.

3 Juanita Davis July 8, 2017 at 5:28 pm

What does Samsung T5 mean?

4 Alan June 25, 2017 at 6:54 pm

What is code Eo on gas dryer

5 Robert June 22, 2017 at 2:40 pm

I have a Samsung Merlot Colored Front Loading Dryer Model #DV42H5200EF/A3 that is just barely a year old, and last night I was drying a load of clothes and pulled a few items out and restarted the machine and 10 minutes later went to pull the rest of the clothes out and noticed the dryer Stopped heating up. The machine works fine and Doesn’t Show any Codes? Does anyone know what the problem/issue might be? Thanks in advance. Robert

6 Tony June 13, 2017 at 2:04 am

My Samsung smart care dryer display code CL9. Called the “no help desk” they didn’t know what it was and wanted to send a tech with out any troubleshooting. Does anyone know what it means or have any advise?

7 Marcus Goins May 20, 2017 at 6:31 pm

DV40J3000EW/A2
Tensioner broke. I replaced it but the drum still want roll. There are no displays on the model but when I press start, all lights at on with HIGH blinking off and on. Any suggestions?

8 SYUZANNA HAKOBYAN May 17, 2017 at 2:16 am

My drier shows HC2 error code, please help
It’s an Samsung flex dry

9 Han June 2, 2017 at 2:09 am

Syuzanna,
We have the same problem with our Flex Dry Samsung Dryer.
Samsung technician wasn’t helpful so Sears replaced it with a new unit.
The second replacement also shows HC2.
We don’t know what to do.
Have you found the answer to this problem?
Any help would be great!
Thanks.

10 Robert May 13, 2017 at 10:06 am

Hallo I have a Samsung dryer SDC3D809 and it shows error code TE04 after about 2 seconds.

I’ve tested/cleaned the pump and replaced the floater but still keeps giving this error. All filters and canals have been cleaned.

11 Andrea May 7, 2017 at 10:02 pm

My dryer is showing 2E

12 Corinna Michelle May 5, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Upside down F then 0. Not running thru the whole cycle. Samsung dv316les/xaa

13 Maria May 4, 2017 at 6:06 pm

My Samsung Dryer shows error code dE?

DIY Project Help Tips 14 DIY Project Help Tips May 4, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Maria,
Samsung Dryer error code dE means the DOOR IS OPEN or the washer “thinks” the door is open.
Either the door interlock switch is faulty or the connection is faulty… Check both.

15 JEN FRANKENSTEIN May 3, 2017 at 4:30 am

Model DV48H7400EW Electric Dryer
Spinning but not heating. Code C9 came out on display but cant find that one. Anyone have a clue??

16 Arlene May 3, 2017 at 2:46 am

My Samsung dryer shows to clean the filter /vent.
Cleaned and removed lint already.
Still showing the sign to clean.
Then when i start the dryer it won’t spin and there is a noise.
Tried to unplug but still not working.

17 Jamie April 28, 2017 at 10:23 pm

My Samsung dryer will dry clothes then it doesn’t want to stop. It will stop and show code and restart for a few seconds then stop again. Over and over. All the lights light up around the display and rotate clockwise.

18 Richard April 20, 2017 at 6:11 am

I have a Samsung dryer model dv400ewhdwr/aa that won’t power on. I checked the outlet with a multimeter power is getting into the dryer but it won’t even power on enough to give me an error code. Any Ideas

19 Teresa truitt April 8, 2017 at 2:04 am

Samsung dryer code t2? What does this mean

20 Robert April 5, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Samsung Dryer code 9e1.
What does this error code mean?

DIY Project Help Tips 21 DIY Project Help Tips April 6, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Robert,
Samsung Dryer Error Code 9E1 = Power error
Turn off the appliance at the breaker then wait 30 seconds.
Switch appliance back on again and start a new program.

OR

Samsung Dryer Error Code 9E1 = Electronic Control Problem/Over Voltage Error
Check PCB and Wire harness.
Check Power supply.

22 BABAK JAFARI April 2, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I HAVE A DRYER SAMSUNG MODEL DV210AEW/XAC AND IT SHOWS (DE ERROR ).WHAT SHOULD I DO?
THANKS

23 Brittany April 1, 2017 at 4:16 am

No heat code is displayed as dE??

24 Heather Burns March 16, 2017 at 5:01 pm

I have a Samsung electric dryer model # : DV331AER/XAA 01 .
The issue we are having is the dryer has the hourglass icon and check lint filter icon illuminated.
When we check the lint filter that light goes off but the hourglass symbol remains; when we press the play button the dryer does nothing. The control panel arrow lights blink as if the are going through a drying cycle but the dryer never actually spins the drum. Any suggestions?

25 Darren March 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm

I have a Samsung DV42H5000EW A3 Dryer.
It has power to display but won’t run and dry.
No error code, but do have an hourglass symbol on display.
Any advice?

DIY Project Help Tips 26 DIY Project Help Tips March 13, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Darren,
The belt on the Samsung Dryer drum may have slipped off…. Check that first.
The hourglass is telling you it is in a delayed mode.
How long has the hourglass been in the display?

27 Tim March 9, 2017 at 3:20 am

I have a Samsung DV42.
The dryer will run and will dry but neither the timed programs or the moisture sensing programs will stop it automatically.
If we don’t set a timer to open the door to manually stop it, the dryer eventually will error out and result in the “He” code.
Any thoughts on a fix? Thanks in advance.

DIY Project Help Tips 28 DIY Project Help Tips March 9, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Tim,

Samsung HE or hE Error Code = Heating error (electric dryer)
See if a house circuit breaker for the dryer is tripped; the dryer won’t heat if a leg of the 240 volt power supply is off. Unplug the dryer and check the wiring connections on the heating element.
Reconnect any loose wires and replace the wire harness if damaged.
Check the heating element for damage and replace the heating element if defective.

Samsung HE or hE Error Code = Heating error (gas dryer)
Make sure the gas supply cut-off valve for the dryer is fully open.
Unplug the dryer and reconnect any loose wiring connections on the gas valve coils.
Replace the wire harness if damaged.

29 Aman February 5, 2017 at 7:04 am

My Samsung multi steam vent sensor is giving “HC” message. Any idea what is that? The dryer stops within few seconds of running and gives an HC message on the panel.

30 Fiona Wilson January 24, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Dryer working but not switching off with a symbol of something like an infinity ring

31 Lauren Defonte April 21, 2017 at 12:52 am

Hi my dryer is showing an hour glass. It’s not going on. Did you find out what happen with your dryer.

32 Paul Wong December 23, 2016 at 4:38 am

I have a Samsung dryer model DV419AGU/XAA that is showing a bE error code. I tried depressing all the buttons and that didn’t fix it so I bought a new User Interface Control. Put it in and unplugged it and replugged it in to clear the code and it will run for 20 seconds and than the bE code pops up again. I don’t want to call the appliance guy and my wife is ready to kill me if I don’t get this dryer fixed. Any help is welcome. Thanks

33 Uddin December 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I have experienced the HE error code on my Samsung dryer.
Model: DV70F5E0HGW
First when this code appeared, Samsung sent an engineer out, who replaced the PCB board.
The second time it happened, the guy pressed a few buttons and it reset the code.
It happened again today and the guy gave me the instructions over the phone.
Hold anti crease and delay end button together.
Now while these buttons are pressed down.
Hold the power button.
The dryer will turn on and the HE code will be replaced by a DE code.
Now switch off the dryer by pressing the power button, now switch it back on.
The display should return to normal and the dryer should be usable.
My dryer is still under warranty and if I contacted Samsung, they would have sent the independent engineer out, who would of carried out the same instructions and charged Samsung for it.

34 Mel March 5, 2017 at 6:38 pm

The reset worked great.
Just need to hold the two buttons down while you power off and power on. DE code comes up .release buttons and power off and on again.
Problem solved.
Many thanks

35 Aida June 25, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Uddin, you are a star!! Thank you so much for the advice – it worked! I am so happy!!

36 Jeremy December 1, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I have the same issue as another individual there are no codes other than the smiley face and a square symbol and no buttons will do anything the dial will not switch settings.

37 Geoff December 2, 2016 at 3:11 am

For Jeremy and Debbie and any others who are having problems with Samsung Dryers… I did not have exactly the same code as what you have (I had an HE error code.) But in any event you can do a ‘reset’ of the dryer by pressing and holding the ‘Mixed Load Bell’ button while turning on the dryer. This got rid of the error code for me, and subsequently the dryer is working fine. If that doesn’t work, try it again, and if not you can also try holding the ‘Lamp’ button while turning on the dryer.

You’d think Samsung might include this information in their manuals, or online, or tell you about it when you call and beg for help, but of course they don’t. It was actually another kind user on this forum who told me about it, so thanks to him, my dryer did not end up in the bin… where it was destined for.

38 Debbie Preston November 27, 2016 at 11:13 pm

My Samsung dryer is flashing the code dE???? What does this mean ??? The dryer will start when I close the door even if I do NOT push any button on the dryer panel! Help!!!!!

39 Markku Vahatalo November 26, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Samsung 9DV error code 5E? What to do?

40 Misty D Ready November 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm

What does e9 error code mean for Samsung dryer?

41 Jeannette November 4, 2016 at 11:22 pm

My dryer is showing a square with a smile in it I have cleaned everything check now none of buttons want to work and can’t change big dial to any other position Model #Is dv42h50000ew/a3

42 Kevin Cottrell November 4, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Samsung Dryer is reading dE error code?

DIY Project Help Tips 43 DIY Project Help Tips November 8, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Kevin Cottrell,
Samsung DE Error Code:
Check that the door is closed fully.
Check nothing is trapping in the door.
Check unit is not overloaded.

44 Jen September 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Samsung DV422EWHDR- no heat. Checked incoming power, vents are clean, replaced heating coil assembly. Not sure where to look next. When I run a timed cycle, it runs for the complete time, but no heat. Cooling light is always lit, not sure if it should be or not.

45 Jennifer September 26, 2016 at 1:01 am

Samsung dryer dv422. No error code that I have seen. It won’t heat, replaced the whole heating element assembly, had the incoming line checked, no issues there. Is the some key sequence to press to check for error codes? Not sure what my next step should be, the cooling light is always on, can’t quite figure out if it should be or not, if I run a timed setting it runs the full time but never heats. Not sure if I should try replacing the thermistor on the blower or the main control card. Just want my dryer back!

46 Mike LaDew September 25, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Our Samsung Dryer, model #DV50F9A7EVW/A2, may have taken a power surge. After a storm, the dryer will not shut off. The display shows normal, with no error codes. The dryer runs without heat. It stops when the door opens, but not when the power button turns off the display off. We have unplugged the dryer for days with no change.

47 Ola September 22, 2016 at 5:29 pm

My Samsung dryer keeps going off with a display message SE.

48 Kelly Myers September 20, 2016 at 5:08 am

My Samsung Dryer error code is not listed. It looks like EE but the e at the beginning is missing the top, it is like an upside down F?

DIY Project Help Tips 49 DIY Project Help Tips September 20, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Kelly Myers,
Can you give us the model number of your Samsung Dryer?
The first digit looks like an upside down F, and the second digit is an E?
Like LE but with one more LED line showing?

50 Tommy Thompson November 16, 2016 at 10:47 pm

I’m getting the same error code (upside down F, then E OR like LE but with one more line) same as described by Kelly Myers.
I replaced the heating element – and also the thermostat and limit switch since I had it apart. Error code did not go away. Can anyone diagnose this?
Model # DV210AEW/XAA

DIY Project Help Tips 51 DIY Project Help Tips November 17, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Tommy Thompson,
Can you take a picture of the error code displaying on your Samsung dryer?
Then use our contact form and let us know you have the pictures.
Give us your email and let us know you are Tommy Thompson.
We will then email you requesting to see the pictures.
Email us the pictures and we will be able to better diagnose the issue with the strange error code on your Samsung dryer.

52 Susan Jones November 15, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I am having the same problem as Kelly Myers. My dryer is a Samsung DV210AG gas. Message is giving me what looks like an E without the top line, followed by a regular E.

53 Johan Hellgren September 18, 2016 at 11:34 am

I had the HE error code on my Samsung DV8 dryer.
After cleaning the filters I took it apart and checked the 2 thermistors (~50k ohm) and they appeared to be ok as well as anything else.
Put it together again and started it.
Same HE error code again.
I then switched the machine off and held the light-button while turning it on.
The dryer then made a self-test and displayed “b2”.
I turned it off and on again and the code was gone. Yeeha!
Hope it works for you too!!!

54 Ted Jansen October 11, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for the tip. We had the HE error once before and had a tech out. He reset via a code. We had the problem again, but I was not able to find what he did anywhere on the internet until now… thanks, it worked like a charm… we are back up and drying. πŸ™‚

55 Laura Benedict September 10, 2016 at 4:49 pm

For the past few days my year-old Samsung dryer DV52J8700E(G) has been stopping before the clothes are dry–both on timed and regular cycles. Finally got a vent clog icon. Cleaned, vacuumed and reattached vent hose and outside vent. Restarted after 20 minutes. Pulled out from wall in case hose was squeezed. Stopped again. Code upside-down FC. Help?

56 Phil Mclary August 31, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I have model DV210AEW dryer. I have replaced and tested every part of the heating side of the system. I am still getting a HE code on the screen. I replaced the thermostat, high temp sensor and the Assy Pcb Main board and tested the heating coil and it was good.

57 Geoff Cattrall September 2, 2016 at 3:19 am

Hi Phil I seem to have a very similar problem. HE error code. My dryer is a DV80H8100HW (heat pump dryer.) If you ever do find a solution to this problem please do let me know! I have replaced the thermistor already as well but to no help.

58 Neil Brodsky August 24, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Brand new Samsung Gas Dryer delivered today by PC Richards. 1st load is towels. Did not dry as well as would have expected. Error code “dC” is flashing on screen. Code not in manual.

DIY Project Help Tips 59 DIY Project Help Tips August 24, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Neil Brodsky,
Samsung dryer “dC” flashing error code is not in the database.
The DC error code is listed as a Samsung washer unbalanced load. You may have overloaded the dryer with the towels.
Can you supply us with your Samsung Dryer Model Number so we can further research?

60 Luis Valdez January 15, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I have the same DC error on a pretty much new unit. Same problem with no documentation on what a dC code is. I find that it is listed for washers but not dryers. They Dryer is a Model: DV50K8600GV/A3. Thanks for any help in advance.

61 Angela August 23, 2016 at 11:28 am

Samsung dryer, error message “make sure buttons are not being pressed repeatedly”, then control panel went blank, will not power on

62 Geoff Cattrall August 20, 2016 at 11:57 am

First of all – what a great resource this website is. Thanks guys!
I have a DV80H8100HW heat pump Samsung dryer. I (stupidly) mounted it in a cupboard with poor ventilation. I also didn’t know about the lint trap at the bottom left front of the unit, and so I never cleaned it. I now have an HE error code.
I bought a new thermistor and replaced it, but it didn’t work. What is the next step please?

DIY Project Help Tips 63 DIY Project Help Tips August 24, 2016 at 12:08 am

Geoff Cattrall,
Are you still getting the Samsung dryer HE error code even after replacing the thermistor?
Does the Samsung dryer run but not heat?
Check all wiring harnesses to be sure they are secure.
Check that the element is not shorted.
Give us more info so we can assist.

64 Geoff Cattrall August 25, 2016 at 2:17 am

HI there… yes I am still getting the HE error code even after replacing the thermistor. The dryer will not run – in fact no functions are available. When I turn the dryer on there is an HE code on the screen and I cannot select a cycle, run the dryer, or do anything. The only thing I can do at that stage is turn the dryer off again. I have checked all wiring as far as I can see with the top, front and back off and it looks ok. Please note that this is a brand new unit. Since it was running in a cabinet with poor airflow, I agree there is a good chance it’s a heating element problem of some sort. But this is a Heat Pump dryer – does it even have a heating element? Or is it a compressor? And how can I access this part of the dryer? I’m not sure how to check ‘the element is not shorted’. I don’t see anything that looks like a compressor or heating element on the front of the unit. Any and all advice appreciated thanks!

DIY Project Help Tips 65 DIY Project Help Tips August 25, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Geoff Cattrall,
If the Samsung dryer is brand new, why not call the company that sold it to you and have it replaced or fixed?

You may have a completely different dryer configuration than we realized.
Can you give us the full model number and serial number so we can research further?

And yes, the dryer needs some air flow to be able to run properly, that may or may not cause the HE code.
How much space does the dryer have inside the cabinet?

66 Geoff Cattrall September 2, 2016 at 3:18 am

Yes the Samsung dryer is brand new, but I have taken it overseas, hence the company that sold it to me cannot help me. The model is a DV80H8100HW (Heat Pump Dryer.) Serial number I’m afraid I don’t have right now as I’m not at home. I can get it if it’s really necessary. I have modified the cabinet so that there is much more airflow now so I don’t think that will be a problem in the future. But alas the dryer is still not working and still has the HE code. As mentioned before the thermistor has already been replaced.

67 Alfredo Gonzalez III August 18, 2016 at 7:57 pm

My Samsung dryers has a red blinking light when first turned on. Once the dryer is started on Normal Mode, it sets itself to 40 minutes. As it is drying and the countdown begins, it gets down to 38 minutes then resets to 1 minute and starts cooling down. We can not figure out what it is, Can anyone here tell me what is going on or what I need to replace? Model # DV42H5OOOEW/A3.

DIY Project Help Tips 68 DIY Project Help Tips August 24, 2016 at 12:15 am

Alfredo Gonzalez III,
If the countdown on your Samsung dryer changes during a dry cycle, usually it means the main control board is faulty.
Have you inspected the board? Wire harnesses? Thermistor?

69 Noemi Deschenes August 12, 2016 at 10:26 am

Samsung 7000 series
No code comes up. You turn it on. It sings. It makes a click noise but it doesn’t do anything after that. No heat. No spin. No codes.
Any thoughts?

70 Angela Venable August 10, 2016 at 12:59 am

My Samsung dryer display is showing a circulating rectangle, like it’s in motion going clockwise.
The clothes are getting dry but I can’t find my manual to check it. I don’t know how else to describe it.

DIY Project Help Tips 71 DIY Project Help Tips August 11, 2016 at 2:22 am

Angela Venable,
What is the model number of your Samsung Dryer?
Check to see if “Wrinkle Prevent” is selected on the display.
This will tumble your dryer intermittently after the heat cycle is done to assist in preventing wrinkled clothing.
“Wrinkle Prevent” can be turned ON or OFF by pressing its button on the display panel.

72 Doug Brown August 3, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Samsung Dv45h6300e dryer got a lint code (Icon) and will not start.
The lint trap and vent are clean and don’t know what to do?
I unplugged it for 10 minutes to see if it would reset.

DIY Project Help Tips 73 DIY Project Help Tips August 5, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Doug Brown,
Check the vent line from Samsung dryer to wall, then check in wall.
You may have a build-up of lint.
Use a canister vacuum and clean out the lint in the wall.

74 MI hello Hall August 3, 2016 at 3:48 pm

I have a Samsung Dryer model number DV317AEG/XAA and I cleaned the dryer lint and the outside one, but my dryer keeps on saying error capital E without the top -. How do I clear it off?

DIY Project Help Tips 75 DIY Project Help Tips August 3, 2016 at 8:24 pm

MI hello Hall,
Is the error code E without the top LED lit flashing on your Samsung Dryer?
Have you tried to unplug it to see if it may reset?

76 Shelby Hamilton August 2, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Samsung Dryer Error code… shows an upside down F and 0.

DIY Project Help Tips 77 DIY Project Help Tips August 2, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Shelby Hamilton,
Samsung Dryer Error Code showing an upside down F and 0 means = The code you see indicates a problem in the thermistor circuit.
This may also be caused by a clogged lint screen or restricted vent system.
This type of diagnosis will require using an ohmmeter to check the thermistor and circuit.

Check that the lint screen is not clogged first…. then look to see if the venting system is clear of lint build-up

78 albert September 9, 2016 at 12:14 am

Dryer changed heating element assembly still getting H E and not working

79 Sherri Ferguson August 1, 2016 at 10:27 pm

My Samsung dryer DV328AEW/XXA is giving a cc code. Before it was giving a ts code. Does anyone know how to reset the codes so I can find the proper error code now. Thanks in advance

DIY Project Help Tips 80 DIY Project Help Tips August 2, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Sherri Ferguson,
The Samsung Dryer error code CC is not in our database….
Try fixing the tS error first….

SAMSUNG DRYER ERROR CODE tS = Thermistor is faulty = Shorted Out.
TO FIX = Unplug the dryer and use a volt/ohm meter to test the resistance of the thermistor.
If the resistance is more than 40,000 ohms then replace the thermistor.
If the resistance is 10,000 ohms then replace the wire harness if you find it to be damaged.
If the wire harness is good then replace the electronic control board.

81 Sherri Ferguson August 6, 2016 at 2:10 pm

First, I wanted to say I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. The dryer is now running without shutting down. I unplugged the dryer for a bit and plugged it back in. The cc code went away, but now the dryer has no heat. :-). I am assuming that I need a heating element. Do I test that with the ohms meter as well? Or how should I replace the heating element? Again thank you.

DIY Project Help Tips 82 DIY Project Help Tips August 7, 2016 at 12:09 am

Sherri Ferguson,
Do a visual on the element.
Are the wires secure and in place on the element?
Are the wires tight and no signs of damage?
Then check it with a meter using OHMS.
If it reads bad, remove and replace the heating element on your Samsung dryer.

Check out this page for some more details and what may be wrong with your Samsung dryer.
Samsung Dryer Heating Element Issues.

83 Scott klingman July 23, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Samsung Dryer code is showing tO. Don’t know if that’s any different. Didn’t have an ohm meter but continuity is positive. I was assuming if the dial was stuck open there would be no continuity.

DIY Project Help Tips 84 DIY Project Help Tips July 26, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Scott klingman,
Error t0 is an open thermistor on Samsung dryers. Thermistor should measure 10,000 ohms at 77 degrees fahrenheit.
Check it at the blower with one side disconnected and if OKAY, check it at the plug on the control board.

85 Tara Blackburn June 21, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Samsung Dryer Error code E9? Hope you can help!

DIY Project Help Tips 86 DIY Project Help Tips June 21, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Tara Blackburn,
First, be sure the dryer door is properly closed and the lint filter is properly installed…
The Samsung Dryer Eg Or E9 Error Code is not actually an error code. It is a code displayed when the dryer is in the test mode used on the production line. This error can appear when certain buttons are pushed at the same time or in a certain sequence. To exit this and clear the E9 error, unplug the dryer from power for 10 seconds and then plug back in. You can also flip the breaker to the dryer if it is difficult to access the plug.

87 Jose June 10, 2016 at 11:26 pm

My dryer is giving me a DE error message and I can’t find the code any where online. Please let me know what I can do?

DIY Project Help Tips 88 DIY Project Help Tips June 11, 2016 at 12:15 am

Jose,
DE Error on Samsung dryer means that β€œdoor is open”. The dryer thinks the door is open. It is probable that power is not getting passed from the door switch to the control board. Check the door switch assembly to be sure the wire harness is connected and that it is not damaged. If damaged, replace it with an OEM part.

89 Shila May 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm

I have recently changed my plug due to it being faulty. It works just fine for the washer…but when comes to dryer it give me the FE code. Let me know on how to go about.

DIY Project Help Tips 90 DIY Project Help Tips June 1, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Shila,
Samsung Dryer FE error code = Power supply frequency is out of range
Check the frequency of your electrical power supply.
If the dryer is getting the 60 Hz power it requires, replace the electronic control board.

91 Moe K August 1, 2016 at 9:50 pm

What if i have a 60Hz Dryer and i am in Europe on 50Hz, is there a replacement board or a converter that doesn’t cost too much?

DIY Project Help Tips 92 DIY Project Help Tips August 2, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Moe K,
There are a few 50Hz control boards for a Samsung dryer.
If you have no luck finding your exact 50Hz board, let us know.

93 Barry S. Jameson April 30, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Samsung dryer has Error Codes, but dryer will turn on, little red tee-shirt will blink showing it is drying, but machine does nothing. I have no error code to show me what may be wrong. The Error Codes work, because it comes on when the door is open. The wrinkle free symbol comes on, but that is it.

DIY Project Help Tips 94 DIY Project Help Tips May 3, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Barry S. Jameson,
Try unplugging the Samsung dryer for 5 minutes.
Also, please supply us with the dryer model number so we can find the information needed to fix your Samsung dryer.
Is the door switch damaged or is the not shutting properly?

95 LB January 30, 2017 at 3:30 am

Samsung dryer DV419AGWX/AA. Error Code does not show, but dryer will turn on, little red tee-shirt will blink showing it is drying, but machine does not start and run. I have no error code to show me what may be wrong. The Error Codes work, because it comes on when the door is opened and when wrinkle free symbol comes on, or run time can also be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

96 Pascual April 29, 2016 at 1:05 pm

I’ve got a Samsung Dryer DV5008J it’s showing an error code E3?

DIY Project Help Tips 97 DIY Project Help Tips April 29, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Pascual,

Samsung Dryer Error Code E3 could be a few different faults:

1 – Motor overload error (Let motor cool down for 1 hour)
2 – Vent is blocked (Clean out vent to prevent overheat)
3 – Thermistor error (Remove and replace dryer thermistor)

Sometimes the wire harnesses on the dryer control board comes loose. Resecure the electrical contacts and wire harnesses and the error code should clear.

98 John April 27, 2016 at 5:38 pm

My Samsung dryer will turn on like normal and then beep and show code E5 or ES.

DIY Project Help Tips 99 DIY Project Help Tips April 27, 2016 at 11:32 pm

John,
The Samsung Dryer manual shows E5 error code is a temperature control error.

TO FIX:
Disconnect the unit from the vent to see if you still get the error. If not then clean the vent.
OR
Check for a grounded element.
Unplug the unit and both wires at the heater.
Measure across the heater.

100 T April 6, 2016 at 1:09 am

At a loss with my Samsung dryer! Giving code DO, took it apart and checked wiring harness. Didn’t see any damage or loose wires, so i bought a new door switch. Installed it, turned dryer on and pressed start. It ran for half a second and flashed DO error code again. Rechecked all wires, nothing… Any advice on what to do next? Everything else works and comes on so i don’t think its the board… Just frustrated!! Model number dv218aeb.

DIY Project Help Tips 101 DIY Project Help Tips April 6, 2016 at 9:40 pm

T,
Samsung Dryer Error Code do = Door is open

TRY:
Unplug the dryer and check for loose or damaged wiring connections in the door switch circuit.
Reconnect the wire harness if loose or disconnected.
Replace the wire harness if damaged.
Replace the door switch if damaged or defective.

Parts Needed:
Door switch, Wire harness

102 Tobie February 27, 2016 at 11:05 am

I have a Samsung dryer dv48 j7770e is showing code clg during vent test. Owners manual states this is a clog in vent but I checked and everything looks good, also when I just turn it on normal to start load it kicks on for about 3 sec then shows a # 1. This is a brand new dryer never been used.

103 Manoj February 2, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Hello Tobie, what did you do to resolve this issue? having same problem with our brand new dryer and it is not even used once.

104 Evan Kozak January 4, 2016 at 9:35 pm

My Samsung dryer model dv42h5000ew/ac is showing the error code 9E1. Any solutions to fixing it?

DIY Project Help Tips 105 DIY Project Help Tips January 4, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Evan Kozak,
Samsung dryer 9E1 error code represents a malfunctioning main PBA OR power faults related to an electrical power supply that is incompatible with the Samsung Dryer.
This means either the control board is bad, or there is a power issue.