Asko Dishwasher Error Codes – How To Clear – What To Check?

If your Asko dishwasher is displaying an error code, below we have the solutions for what part needs to be checked. These Asko dishwasher error codes also tell you what parts need to be replaced or have become defective. Use the error code list below to help you to identify your Asko dishwasher error and fix it yourself.

Asko Dishwasher Error CodesAsko Dishwasher Error Codes

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F1
Fault Condition = Water heating fault, selected temperature not reached within 60 minutes
Incoming water temperature too cool
Check and Repair = Heating element is burned out OR the thermostat is bad

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F2
Fault Condition = High water level
Check and Repair = Clogged or defective water pump OR faulty water inlet valve

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F3
Fault Condition = Thermistor fault
Check and Repair = Open thermistor OR loose wiring to thermistor

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F4
Fault Condition = Water fill error with dishwashers with level controlled fill
If the lights are blinking and pump is running but the controls are non functional, this means the fault is from an OVERFILL

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F10
Fault Condition = Overfilling
Check and Repair = Shut off the water tap and check float and pump

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F11
Fault Condition = Drainage error
Check and Repair = Make sure no objects are stuck in the drainage hose – Check that the drain pump is not blocked – Be sure there are no blockages in the drain hose

Asko Dishwasher Error Code F12
Fault Condition = Water Inlet Fault
Check and Repair = Check that the valve for the water is open – Be sure the filter in the machine water intake is not clogged

Here is the procedure to fix error code F4 on your Asko dishwasher:

1. Remove power to the unit
  2. Take off the lower access panel
  3. See if the tray under the dishwasher is full of water
  4. Remove the water with a towel or similar
  5. Check the float, this float stops the water flow, be sure it is not blocked
  6. Check to be sure the pump is working
  7. If all is good, test your dishwasher
  8. If there is no leak into the dishwasher pan then check that the draining hose under the sink is not leaking
  9. Be sure the drain hose goes up to the top and under the counter top and down to the drain. If not the water from the sink drain will flow into the dishwasher and cause an OVERFILL

If your ASKO dishwasher is showing a different error codes form the ones above, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to help you fix the problem.

1 Megan August 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm

No error code dishwasher showing 1 and seems to be stuck in cycle when I turn off and on it will not respond to any buttons pushed? Help???

2 pamela August 27, 2017 at 11:58 am

Hi Megan – have you found a solution for this? My ASKO is the same right now.

3 Andy July 4, 2017 at 9:44 am

Thanks mate, you just saved me having to call out the service technician

4 Aneta June 10, 2017 at 3:44 am

I have a Asko dishwasher 18-95.
We have recently moved in the house and noticed that the light in the dishwasher inside is constantly on.
Is this normal?
When looking to the side of the dishwasher, it looks like the side light is also on.

5 Andrew June 4, 2017 at 12:18 am

Hi I have an ASKO D3122 Dishwasher the power lights are on but the program panel won’t work.

6 Karen May 17, 2017 at 9:54 pm

ASKO DISHWASHER no warning codes displayed, but a red light is flashing on the lower right corner.
I filled the rinse aid dispenser, but is still flashing when dishwasher is running.

7 Robert Love May 17, 2017 at 5:13 pm

My problem is on a Asko DW20.4 dishwasher.
I’m getting a water outlet fault.
I’ve cleaned out the filters and the impeller turns freely can’t feel any blockage there.
What is your thoughts on this?

8 margaret April 20, 2017 at 10:12 am

My ask dishwasher panel is showing LOC with a key and a drip of water. Urgent please.

9 L. Rogers April 18, 2017 at 9:34 am

My dishwasher is beeping with an F10 error message. How do I drain it?

10 Susannah April 18, 2017 at 6:30 am

I have an F12 error code. Water is in the bottom of the machine and won’t empty. Also won’t compete a cycle now. How do I fix the problem please?

11 Gary Wilson April 9, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I have an F2 error code on my Asko D3335.
There is water not draining.
The float switch is fine.

12 Gilles Doyon April 9, 2017 at 12:26 pm

My Asko D3530 won’t clean bottom tray. Top cleans perfect on normal cycle but bottom won’t even rince food off dishes. Arms are clean and clear of debries. No codes.

13 Wendy February 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm

I have ASKO model 1502 for many years and I love it.
Never had a problem until now.
Nothing is lighting up.
I have held the ‘start’ pad for 3 seconds and pressed ‘start’.
Does not come on.
No symbol lights.

14 Jac Sampson January 20, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Asko D5434
My dishwasher displayed error code F00 after completion. It was continually making the end of cycle beeps.
I turned the dishwasher off and back on again and the code disappeared. I have not tried to use the dishwasher again. Can you tell me what this code means please?

15 rick January 18, 2017 at 3:09 pm

My Asko dishwasher, model D5634 is giving F11 error code. It is pumping out the water, I can see it and hear it in the disposal. There is a small amount of water left in the bottom of the drain screen but otherwise seems to drain completely. It won’t complete the program after the error. I’m pretty sure its not the hose or pump.

16 Thierry March 11, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Hi Rick, same problem here.

I can almost never complete my cycles anymore. I checked the hose, seems ok. I have not dismantled the pump etc, but I doubt this is the problem as it does know how to flush 100%, since it works at the beginning of the cycle.
Seems like something is informing the computer that the pumping is not done 100% at a certain point in the cycle, although the levels are ok.
Have you found your solution?
PS: this is why I have those computer based interfaces. If this would happen in the old Dial systems, I’d hack my way though by emptying with the start-flush, then push the cycle to the point of rupture.

17 Bev May 17, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Rick. Did you find out how to fix your F11 error code?

18 Fiona December 23, 2016 at 2:31 am

The open door error keeps flashing (horizonta
Lines ) but door isn’t open or blocked? There was water in bottom of machine when I first saw indicator light . I’ve cleaned all filters inside the unit….. not sure what else to do…. keeps saying door not shut lights ?

19 Christine Gotti December 9, 2016 at 10:02 am

Our Asko D5424 dishwasher comes up with three horizontal lines where the time should be.
I can’t find this error in the manual…
– –
– –
– –
Like above but lines closer together.

20 Graham November 30, 2016 at 8:55 am

I have an Asko D3351 Dishwasher.
Had gone through the wash cycle and has emptied, but it won’t stop trying to empty, and all the lights are on.
No fault indicators.

21 Colin McConnell November 27, 2016 at 1:07 am

We have an ASKO Dishwasher model No D5424
We set the dishwasher going on a load of dishes as usual and it progressed to 1 minute remaining on rinse
and their it remained . The only way to stop it is to switch it off . None of the touch screen displays will work.
If you switch the machine back on with the door open the screen displays 3 sets of 3 horizontal lines, on closing the door it continues to rinse . Can you help? Thankyou.

22 Megan August 7, 2017 at 8:32 pm

I have the same problem can you tell me how you solved this problem?? D5434 model? Thanks

23 kyle November 5, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Have an ASKO D3350 and am getting an F7 error.
Trap wasn’t that gummed up, but cleaned everything out anyway.
Can reach into the sump and spin the propeller easily enough.
From what I can tell there are no blockages.
Have even poured gallons of water into the unit then started a cycle to test drainage.
Washer is empty within seconds.
Will still run for 2 minutes (pump running the whole time) then stop and flash F7.

24 Darren Partridge October 3, 2016 at 2:53 am

Hello, we keep getting an F11 error on our dishwasher.

I have checked the hose and there doesn’t seem to be any blockages.

I managed to do a flush with a rinse cycle followed by an empty full cycle with a dishwasher cleaner, but the moment I try do a load with dishes then I get the F11 error.

We have had this dishwasher for 6 months. Our previous Bosch Dishwasher we had for 8 years and never had this problem.

Any ideas?

25 Zoe September 6, 2016 at 11:54 pm

My ASKO dishwasher will not turn on it is making a clicking drumming noise but lights will not stay in To start programme. They flash on and off briefly.

DIY Project Help Tips 26 DIY Project Help Tips September 7, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Zoe,
Can you give us the model number of your ASKO Dishwasher?

27 Edward Stopa September 4, 2016 at 3:13 am

Asko dishwasher, Model 1503. In the display, fault code L is showing. What does mean, what does it take to fix the issue. Power is going to board, delay cannot be removed by holding down start switch for 3 sec.,then pushiing start switch. NO START

DIY Project Help Tips 28 DIY Project Help Tips September 6, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Edward Stopa,
Asko Dishwasher fault code L simply denotes LED. There should be a number next to it. Is it just an L showing on the display or is there a number showing also?

29 Dino Mazzon November 27, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Hello I have 3 bars flashing on my
Asko D3152 display.
What does it mean

30 Lorn August 27, 2016 at 3:02 am

My dishwasher will not start any wash cycle and is displaying a water droplet on the display what does this mean please? I have switched off at mains and water inlet is unchanged.

31 joetraveler August 21, 2016 at 2:11 am

My Asko 6441 clothes washer won’t drain. I get an F3 message, and I’ve cleared out the pin trap, checked for kinked hose, and restarted several times. Any ideas?

DIY Project Help Tips 32 DIY Project Help Tips August 23, 2016 at 11:49 pm

joetraveler,
If you already cleared out the trap and made sure the washer drain hose is not bent…
Most likely the drain pump on your Asko washer if blocked or clogged with a foreign object.
Unplug the washer and inspect the drain pump, you will most likely find something inside or in the lines near it.

33 Mike Vassallo August 17, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Asko dishwasher mod# D5538XLF1 Ser.#124802304439, keep getting a F12 code called Asko service for help. They said to change Control and may be pressure and micro switch. Changed all these parts which were very costly, still getting same code. The dishwasher will drain good and when I start the cycle it will fill o/k then it just stops won’t into next cycle.

34 Alice August 4, 2016 at 7:20 am

Asko dishwasher power comes on, program dial illuminates, cannot advance program to desired or electronic button and any buttons are unresponsive. The door is securely closed.

DIY Project Help Tips 35 DIY Project Help Tips August 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Alice,
Can you supply us with the Model number of your Asko Dishwasher?
We can provide further help once we know which model Asko dishwasher you have.

36 Steve callinan July 27, 2016 at 11:59 am

Asko D5436wh dishwasher keeps faulting and wont start. Three dotted lines keep flashing up on the screen. Have turned off at the wall and occasionally this will reset it and it works. Have cleaned all filters. Tried to start in different programs. Now wont work at all. Timer may appear on the screen but as soon as you press start. The three lines if three dashes starts flashing. Unit purchased from the Good Guys 22nd Dec 2015.

37 kiko July 25, 2016 at 4:54 pm

My ASKO is running for about a min of the cycle and then it starts beeping showing F12 code. I see that it means there’s a issue with value of the water but how can I check for this, all the pipes are in correctly, I have the water on properly. Also when I remove the filter there’s some water hanging out in there and it doesn’t seem like its rising or going down, is this normal?

DIY Project Help Tips 38 DIY Project Help Tips July 26, 2016 at 7:47 pm

kiko,
The true meaning may be the dishwasher cannot drain properly therefore the water “in” is having issues.
Make sure the dishwasher is able to drain properly.
Check the bottom sump and surrounding areas for blockages.
If nothing, check the pump itself as it can be faulty or clogged.

39 Lil July 6, 2016 at 7:51 am

Asko D5456 with F11 error.
I’ve checked drainage, nothing seems to be blocked in machine. Can’t get in further to see pipes. Water not draining away.

40 tony wimble June 25, 2016 at 5:58 am

Asko Dishwasher D3530 states “Water Outlet Fault” There is no code that I can see.
Have removed collection unit in base and found about 3 cms/1″ of water in there. Felt around, can find no food particles obstructing area. Switched off power, restarted and sign returns.
Can someone advise or suggest next steps.
Thanks in anticipation.

DIY Project Help Tips 41 DIY Project Help Tips June 25, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Tony Wimble,
Asko Dishwasher D3530 “Water Outlet Fault” = A kinked or restricted drain line.
Check to make sure you have no kinks in the drain line.
If you have a air gap, check to make sure it’s not clogged and gets good water flow.
Check drain tubes from pump to disposal and make sure the inlet hole is clear.

42 Hans Wildburger May 10, 2016 at 8:31 pm

My Asko dishwasher panel light is blinking nonstop and the drain pump is running/pumping without stopping. The only way to stop the pumping is to unplug the unit. I do not have an error code display on the front panel. I like to repair the dishwasher myself. What do I need to do, what is the problem? Thank you, Hans.

DIY Project Help Tips 43 DIY Project Help Tips May 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Hans Wildburger,

Unplug the Asko dishwasher.
Remove the bottom kickplate to be able to see under the dishwasher.
There should be a float right in the center of the unit.
The water makes it float and the float presses a switch to run the pump.
There may be water down there that is making the float switch activate.
If you see water, tilt the dishwasher to drain it.
If no water, then something may be stuck and holding the switch in the upwards position.
Let us know what you find.

44 Joetraveler August 24, 2016 at 12:04 am

Thank you for your help!

45 Margaret April 28, 2016 at 1:29 am

My ASKO dishwasher is displaying a F2 error, i just replaced the drain hose, could this have something to do with it? If it’s the water pump or valve what does this mean and could i repair it myself?

DIY Project Help Tips 46 DIY Project Help Tips April 29, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Margaret,
ASKO DISHWASHER ERROR CODE F2 = There is water in the drain pan under the dishwasher and this is causing the flood switch to activate which will show the F2 error code.
To remove the water at the bottom of the dishwasher drain pan: Pull the dishwasher out or tilt it forward 45 degrees and let the water pour out.
If you cannot remove the dishwasher… Let it sit for 3 or 4 days with a fan running through it to try and evaporate the water.

47 Shannon Wilmore March 7, 2016 at 1:41 am

My asko dishwasher fills and drains, but will not wash. It gives no error codes.

48 Noreen Inwood February 5, 2016 at 3:03 am

Asko dishwasher N516.
It shows a fault F7.
Still goes but times for programmes are incorrect. It shows 31 minutes for the Normal wash.
Have turned it off at the wall and it does correct itself but when we turn it on and commence the programme again it stops halfway and the F7 comes up.
Will start and finish the programme when we re push Start but wondering why this happens..
Have looked carefully and it does appear to say F7 and not F1.

DIY Project Help Tips 49 DIY Project Help Tips February 5, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Noreen Inwood,
F7 error on Asko Dishwashers means a draining issue.
Remove the lower dish tray and look in the bottom for the filter screen compartment. It needs to be cleaned or replaced if damaged. Food particles, broken dishes, and scaling can clog passageways and will reduce pressure enough to eventually result in inefficient draining.