Last Updated on September 25, 2013 by Appliance Repair Assistant
Is your small kitchen making it difficult to categorize as well as organize all of your food and spices? If lack of space is getting to be an issue, then why not build your own kitchen pantry on wheels! This is a relatively easy DIY woodworking project that can be done by almost anyone and it will save you money from buying an expensive pre-manufactured one. So see below for our step-by-step DIY rolling mobile kitchen pantry rack.
Here are the materials you will need to build your own Rolling Kitchen Pantry:
- 64″ 1 x 4 Wood – Quantity of 2 = Ladder frame.
- 29.5″ 1 x 4 Wood – Quantity of 7 = Shelves & top & base.
- 31.5″ x 6′ Board – Quantity of 1 = Back portion of pantry.
- 1/4″ x 31″ Dowel rods – Quantity of 5 = Front shelf guard rails to stop items from falling off.
- 2″ Casters (wheels) – Quantity of 4 = For mobility (non swivel!).
Here is our beautiful DIY Rolling Kitchen Pantry Rack completed and next to our refrigerator.
This project took us 3 hours and cost us approximately $50 dollars in all.
If you decide to build one of these yourself you can make the depth custom to your application.