Whirlpool dishwashers have a filtration system that need to be cleaned. The filtration system in your Whirlpool Dishwasher needs to be cleaned to keep the dishwasher running like new. Below we will show you how to remove, clean and install the dishwasher filter.
Filtration system on Whirlpool dishwashers:
Whirlpool dishwashers have an innovative filtration system within. The triple filtration system deadens sound and optimizes water and energy conservation. The filter in your dishwasher requires maintenance to keep high cleaning performance.
Cleaning the filter on a regular basis will conserve water and energy that you would have used to prepare your dishes.
WHEN CLEANING THE FILTER:
-Do not use wire brush, scouring pad, etc. as they may damage the filters.
-Rinse filter under running water until most soils are removed.
-If you have hard-to-remove soils or calcium deposits from hard water, a soft brush may be required.
- The upper filter assembly keeps oversized items and foreign objects, along with very fine food particles, out of the pump.
- The lower filter keeps food from being recirculated onto your dishware.
Clean the filter on your Whirlpool dishwasher when:
– When you see any type of deposit on the Upper Filter Assembly.
– Degraded cleaning performance as in deposits or soils on dishes.
– The dishes have a gritty feel.
Hard Water to Dishwasher?
-If you have hard water going to the dishwasher, clean the filter at least once per 30 days.
-If you notice white residue in the dishwasher, this means you have hard water.
It is easy to remove and clean the dishwasher filters…
How to Remove Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters:
1. Locate the Filter Assembly in your Whirlpool Dishwasher.
2. Reach the Filter Assembly and Turn it ¼ turn Counterclockwise and lift it straight out.
3. Gently Separate the upper Filter Assembly by gently pulling it apart.
4. Now clean the Dishwasher Filters by Rinsing Off in your Sink.
Wash Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters Under Warm Water and Reinstall
How to Reinstall Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters:
1. Put the Lower Filter under the Locating Tabs in the bottom of the dishwasher so the round opening for the Upper Filter Assembly lines up with the round opening in the bottom of the tub.
2. Insert the Upper Filter Assembly into the Rounded opening in the Lower Filter.
3. Rotate the filter clockwise until it drops into place.
4. Continue to rotate until the filter is locked into place.
– If the filter is not fully seated in place, keep turning the filter clockwise until it locks into place.
HINT: The Upper Filter Assembly arrow does not have to align with the arrow in the Lower Filter as long as the filter is locked.
How to clean the Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter?
Need help? Leave a comment below with your Whirlpool Dishwasher Model Number and we will get back to you with help to repair or fix your dishwasher.