Whirlpool dishwashers have a filtration system that need to be cleaned. The filtration system in your Whirlpool Dishwasher needs to be cleaned to keep the dishwasher running like new. Below we will show you how to remove, clean and install the dishwasher filter.
Filtration system on Whirlpool dishwashers:
Whirlpool dishwashers have an innovative filtration system within. The triple filtration system deadens sound and optimizes water and energy conservation. The filter in your dishwasher requires maintenance to keep high cleaning performance.
Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter Location
Cleaning the filter on a regular basis will conserve water and energy that you would have used to prepare your dishes.
WHEN CLEANING THE FILTER:
-Do not use wire brush, scouring pad, etc. as they may damage the filters.
-Rinse filter under running water until most soils are removed.
-If you have hard-to-remove soils or calcium deposits from hard water, a soft brush may be required.
- The upper filter assembly keeps oversized items and foreign objects, along with very fine food particles, out of the pump.
- The lower filter keeps food from being recirculated onto your dishware.
Clean the filter on your Whirlpool dishwasher when:
– When you see any type of deposit on the Upper Filter Assembly.
– Degraded cleaning performance as in deposits or soils on dishes.
– The dishes have a gritty feel.
Hard Water to Dishwasher?
-If you have hard water going to the dishwasher, clean the filter at least once per 30 days.
-If you notice white residue in the dishwasher, this means you have hard water.
This is what the Filter looks like in a Whirlpool Dishwasher
It is easy to remove and clean the dishwasher filters…
How to Remove Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters:
1. Locate the Filter Assembly in your Whirlpool Dishwasher.
2. Reach the Filter Assembly and Turn it ¼ turn Counterclockwise and lift it straight out.
3. Gently Separate the upper Filter Assembly by gently pulling it apart.
4. Now clean the Dishwasher Filters by Rinsing Off in your Sink.
How To Change Filter Whirlpool Dishwasher
Wash Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters Under Warm Water and Reinstall
How to Reinstall Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters:
1. Put the Lower Filter under the Locating Tabs in the bottom of the dishwasher so the round opening for the Upper Filter Assembly lines up with the round opening in the bottom of the tub.
2. Insert the Upper Filter Assembly into the Rounded opening in the Lower Filter.
3. Rotate the filter clockwise until it drops into place.
4. Continue to rotate until the filter is locked into place.
– If the filter is not fully seated in place, keep turning the filter clockwise until it locks into place.
HINT: The Upper Filter Assembly arrow does not have to align with the arrow in the Lower Filter as long as the filter is locked.
How To Install Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter
Here are Whirlpool Dishwasher Filters if you need to replace it
How to clean the Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter?
Need help? Leave a comment below with your Whirlpool Dishwasher Model Number and we will get back to you with help to repair or fix your dishwasher.
11 thoughts on “Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter Cleaning – Step By Step”
How do I get to the filter in my Whirlpool dishwasher Model number DU920PFGZ3 to clean?
Where is the filter located for dishwasher model DU1145XTPB8
I have a whirlpool DU850SWPS4 and there is no filter system in the middle, can you tell me how else to clean or where to find the filter? Thank you
2003 Whirlpool Dishwasher Model #DU810SWKQ0 looking for the filter.
Are you asking where the filter is located in your Whirlpool dishwasher, or where to locate a replacement filter?
The filter is located in the bottom of the Whirlpool dishwasher. Should be a simple “turn and pull out”.
If you need a replacement filter, the model number is hard to find the exact filter.
Can you measure the filter height and width, and we can assist you to find a replacement from there.
Thanks – RR
Bought our house in 2015 and still has original dishwasher which is a 2003 Whirlpool Model #DU810SWKQ0. Have looked all over but cannot locate a removable filter. Where might this be? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
My dishwasher doesn’t have the filter shown. Only the circular blade in the middle.
Where can I find the filter?
I have a Whirlpool Model WDT730PAHZ0 dishwasher. (Control buttons are on the top of the door).
The dishwasher fills and drains but the dishwasher won’t spray. I’ve cleaned the filter but haven’t gone any further.
Is there a filter on the upper left hand corner of the whirlpool dishwasher. It is a little boxed area that looks like it could be a filter. Does it come out?
After removing the filters and cleaning, I noticed there is water in the bottom of the hole where the smaller round filter fits. Should there be water present there?
Most likely the filter is clogged or blocked.
Remove and clean filter, check for debris under and around filter assembly.
Check this page for more help…. Dishwasher Has Water In Bottom – How TO Fix
I have a whirlpool dishwasher, the model is similar to the one pictured.
There is about a half inch of water that remains in the bottom of the food trap after a cycle.
Is that normal?