What does LF mean on a Whirlpool Washer? The LF error code appears and the Whirlpool washer will not fill with water. What causes a Whirlpool washer error code LF? The LF error code will display on Whirlpool washers when a WATER SUPPLY ISSUE is detected. (TIP: If you have a Whirlpool washer showing the LF error, make sure the water is turned on to the washer.)
Whirlpool washer flashing the LF error code on the display. The washing machine will not fill with water. Check the water supply valves, water inlet mesh filters, water inlet valve, pressure switch, and hoses for clogs/kinks.
HOW TO CLEAR ERROR CODE LF ON WHIRLPOOL WASHING MACHINE
Whirlpool washer error code LF indicates a LONG FILL. NO WATER IS DETECTED entering the washing machine. The error code LF relates to WATER FLOW ISSUES. This means a problem occurs because WATER IS NOT PROPERLY SUPPLIED to the washer. This code may be cleared by doing the following…
STEP-BY-STEP FIX WHIRLPOOL WASHER ERROR CODE LF (LONG FILL)
1. Inspect the WATER SUPPLY VALVES on the wall to be sure the VALVES ARE FULLY OPEN and water is supplied to the washer.
(Be sure HOT and COLD water valves are open and supplying water)
2. The WATER SUPPLY HOSES MAY BE CLOGGED from hard water – Remove water hoses and check for clogs.
(Safely shut off the water supply and disconnect the water inlet hoses from the washer and the wall)
3. Check that the water supply hoses do not get kinked when you slide the washer back into place.
(A kinked or bent washer water supply hose will prevent or cause partial water entering washer)
4. Water supply hoses connected near the wall and washer water inlet valve have WATER INLET MESH FILTERS. These filters filter out foreign objects in the water and may have sediment buildup. If sediment is clogging the filters, they need to be cleaned.
(Safely remove the water hoses on the back of the washer and check the filters – Clean and or replace water inlet filters when needed – see below…)
5. If water is entering the washing machine but not detected, the WATER LEVEL PRESSURE SWITCH may be faulty or clogged.
(The water level pressure switch can be clogged with hard water and cause the error code LF – Clean or replace switch)
6. Check the WATER INLET VALVE on the washer – If faulty you will need to remove and replace.
(The WATER INLET VALVE can be checked visually for clogs and with a multimeter to see if the part is at fault)
MORE WASHER INFO – How To Reset A Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine
OTHER ISSUES THAT CAN CAUSE THE WHIRLPOOL LF ERROR CODE
1. Check the DRAIN SYSTEM FOR SIPHONING issue.
(Drain hose may be positioned incorrectly, therefore creating a water siphoning problem)
2. If in cold weather, check WATER SUPPLY HOSES FOR FREEZING.
(If in extreme weather, the water can freeze which is a bigger problem in itself)
3. Check the MAIN WATER SUPPLY to your home to be sure it is FULLY OPEN.
(The main water supply valve located outside of your home may be partially open, check to see if the valve is fully open)
Washer Not Filling with Water – What To Check & How to Fix
NOTE: This LF error code clearing method will work with Whirlpool and most Maytag and Kenmore washing machines. The same LF error code occurs on both top and front load washers. Some of the components in the washers may differ slightly but the error code clearing method is the same.
MORE ERROR CODE INFO – Whirlpool Washer Error Codes – What Does The Error Code Mean?
If you need assistance with the Whirlpool washer error code LF, leave a comment below with your washer model number and we will assist with troubleshooting the problem.