Are you having trouble with the ice maker on your LG refrigerator? Here are some simple refrigerator repair steps you can take to fix the problem.
What Causes An LG Fridge Not To Make Ice?
Is The Ice Maker Turned ON?
Be sure the ice maker is turned on. Look for the on and off switch that could be on the display panel. or on the ice maker itself, or the side or rear of the refrigerator. If you have no ice production, this will fix the issue. This will depend on the model number of LG refrigerator you have. So check to make sure it is turned on first.
LG French Door Refrigerator- In Door Ice Maker Operation
LG Refrigerator How to test the ice maker?
Use The Reset button
Reset the LG ice maker. Most newer ice makers have a reset button located on the ice maker or the display panel. Press the reset button on the ice maker to attempt to get it working again.
A Clogged Water Filter
When the water filter is clogged, it can restrict water flow to the ice maker. This can cause the ice maker to not work properly and not make ice cubes.
Faulty Water Inlet Valve
The inlet valve is what supplies water to the ice maker. If the valve is defective, it can prevent the ice maker from getting the water it needs to make ice.
LG Refrigerator How To Turn The Ice Maker ON?
Is the ice maker on your LG refrigerator turned off? It’s easy to turn it back on. To do so, locate the ice maker power switch, which is usually located on the side or back of the fridge.
Flip the switch to the “on” position. If the switch is already in the on position, try flipping it to the off position and then back to the on position. This will reset the ice maker and may solve the problem.
Reset An LG Ice Maker?
Does the ice maker on your LG refrigerator need to be reset? You can do so by pressing and holding the “reset” button on the ice maker. This button is usually located on the side or back of the fridge. Press and hold the button for 5-10 seconds. After the reset is complete, the ice maker should start to produce ice.
LG Refrigerators Resetting An Icemaker That Is Not Making Ice
How To Reset An LG Ice Maker Step By Step
1. Locate the ice maker’s reset button and press it for three seconds.
2. Wait about 30 minutes for it to reset and cycle.
3. After pressing the reset button ensure that all components are connected properly and that nothing is blocking it from creating ice cubes in the ice bin area.
4. If all else fails, unplug your LG refrigerator and plug it back in after 30 minutes. This should clear any potential issues with the ice maker.
Does My Refrigerator’s Water Filter Affect The Ice Maker?
The water filter in your refrigerator can affect the ice maker. If the water filter is old and has never been changed, it can restrict the water flow to the ice maker and prevent it from producing ice cubes. It’s important to regularly replace your refrigerator’s water filter about every 6 months to ensure that the ice maker is working properly.
How To Fix LG Ice Maker Stuck In Dump Position?
If your LG ice maker is stuck in the dump position, it can prevent the ice maker from producing ice.
- Unplug the fridge from the power outlet.
- Locate the ice maker’s motor. The motor is usually located on the back or side of the fridge.
- Use a screwdriver to turn the motor clockwise until it is in the “on” position.
- Plug the fridge back in and the ice maker should start producing ice.
What Is Ice Plus On My LG Refrigerator?
Ice Plus is a feature on LG refrigerators that allows you to produce more ice in a shorter period.
When you activate the Ice Plus feature, the ice maker will produce more ice and will run longer than normal. This can be helpful if you’re having a party and need a lot of ice quickly.
LG Fridge Ice Maker Fix – TLDR
- Make sure the ice maker’s power switch is in the “on” position.
- Press the reset button to fix the ice maker.
- Check the water filter and replace it if it’s clogged.
- You should also check the water inlet valve and adjust the temperature in the freezer if it’s too warm.
- If the ice maker is stuck in the dump position, you can reset it by unplugging the fridge and turning the motor clockwise.
Follow the tips above and you can solve the most common LG refrigerator ice maker problems. Just remember to check the water filter, water inlet valve, temperature control, reset button, and power switch.
Need more help? Let us know the problem you are having with your LG ice maker, down in the comments below, and we will get back to you with personalized troubleshooting repair.