Does your GE Dishwasher have Blinking Lights or Beeping Sounds? Most GE Dishwashers that have a control panel can display blinking lights or have audible beeping noises. The blinking lights and the beeping sounds indicate certain issues with the many model number GE dishwashers. There is a common way to reset most GE dishwashers. Find the information you need below to reset the dishwasher and stop the lights from flashing.
How to Reset Flashing lights and Beeping Noises for most GE dishwashers models:
– If you have blinking lights on the display panel of your GE dishwasher: Try pressing the START/RESET button. If this does not reset the dishwasher and stop the blinking lights or beeping sounds, then simply unplug or remove power to the dishwasher for 10 minutes. Plug the dishwasher back in and it should be reset and ready to begin a wash cycle.
– When your GE dishwasher wash cycle will not start and all the lights are on, the START/RESET button may have been pressed more than once. Pressing the button once starts the cycle. Pressing the button twice resets the dishwasher.
– If ALL the lights are either blinking or constantly ON, the START button on the dishwashers display was accidentally PRESSED MORE THAN ONCE. (Only press the START button 1 time when you begin a wash cycle) To stop the flashing lights or steady ON lights, press the START button 1 more time to resume normal operation. This should get the dishwasher working again. NOTE: The GE dishwasher wash cycle can always be canceled by pressing the START/RESET button.
– If there is a power failure, the START button may blink when the power comes back ON. Pressing the START button once again should reset the dishwasher. Once the START/RESET button is selected, the drain pump will remove any residual water left over in the bottom of the dishwasher. When the drain pump is pumping out the leftover water, the START/RESET button will blink. Wait for the dishwasher to remove any leftover water. After the dishwasher removes the water, it should be back to normal and you can begin a normal wash cycle.
– If you hear a beeping noise every 30 seconds, this means the GE dishwasher door was opened during the cycle. Simply shut the door to continue with the wash cycle.
– If the START/RESET button light is Blinking, this means the dishwasher has been reset. The blinking light means the dishwasher is in the process of shutting off. The START/RESET button light will blink for 70-90 seconds. NOTE: This will depend on the model number dishwasher you have.
– Blinking lights and beeping sounds can be caused from a power surge. Press the START/RESET button to reset the dishwasher. Wait for 3 minutes and the dishwasher should resume normal operation. If the issue comes back, you can reset the dishwasher by unplugging it for 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Once you plug the dishwasher back in, the dishwasher should resume normal operation.
For GE dishwashers with the model numbers: GDT580, CDT725SSF, GDT720SSF, GDF/GDT/PDT/CDT/DDT/ADT/ZDT:
GE dishwasher model numbers starting with GDF/GDT/PDT/CDT/DDT/ADT/ZDT will BEEP when the the control panel is pressed or the START button is pressed. To turn off the control pad sounds simply press the HEATED DRY BUTTON or the POWER DRY BUTTON 5 times in quick succession. Pressing the buttons 5 times will turn off all sounds.
For GE dishwasher LCD models that have a display (Models GDT580, CDT725SSF, GDT720SSF) Press the HEATED DRY BUTTON or the POWER DRY BUTTON 7 times in 5 seconds. Pressing the buttons 7 times will stop all beeps and noises.
To fully determine why your GE dishwasher is beeping and has flashing lights, you can find your specific GE dishwasher owner’s manual here.
Do you have an issue with your GE dishwasher flashing lights or beeping noises? Please leave your question below and we can assist you in troubleshooting your dishwasher.