My washer only fills with cold water NO HOT WATER! I set it to hot water and all I get is cold. I have tried all heating settings including warm wash and hot wash and the water is always cold. Is there a part on my washer that needs to be turned on for hot water? We recently moved the washing machine into the garage and ever since it is only filling with cold water. As far as I can tell everything is exactly the same, so I am thinking something in the washer is broken or needs cleaned. Can you please assist me and tell me what is the most likely problem? I cannot afford an appliance repair right now.
In your case… If you recently moved the washing machine further away from the hot water heater (moved from in home to inside garage) it may take 1 minute or 2 minutes longer for the hot water to get to the washer. If the washer is in the garage and the hot water heater is near the back of the house, it will take a little longer for the hot water to reach the washer. This is obviously because the hot water from the water heater has to travel further to get to where you need it. Try running the hot water in the garage sink or faucet for one minute or until you feel hot water before you run the washer (if applicable). If you have no garage sink faucet where you can run the hot water, try running the hot water on any sink faucet closest to the washer. If that is not the issue see below…
Washing Machine Not Filling With Hot Water
Washer Repair & Diagnostics
SAFETY NOTE: Remove power to washer before working to troubleshoot washing machine and do not detach any water hoses without turning off water valves first.
– Be sure the hot water heater in your home is operating and other faucets are getting hot water – If no hot water, check water heater.
– Make sure you have the hot water valve OPEN that supplies HOT water to the washer – Located behind the washer.
– Check to be sure the hot water inlet hose is not clogged – If it is, no hot water can enter washer.
– Examine the hose mesh filters that go in between the hoses and the washer – Mesh filters can clog and restrict water flow.
– Take rear panel off washer and examine wiring to and from the water inlet valve – Connect any loose wires wire harnesses – Replace any damaged wiring.
– Check to be sure the water inlet valve is in working order – Check for blockages
– Check for a possible fault where the hot water solenoid IS AT FAULT therefore no hot water enters the washer and the water inlet valve needs replaced.
– Check the timer/heater mechanism (that sets the hot water for the washer) and be sure no loose or damaged wires are found.
How to Troubleshoot the Water Inlet Valve on your Washing Machine
Here is a video to show HOW TO REPLACE THE WATER INLET VALVE ON A WASHING MACHINE:
Washing Machine – Diagnostic & Repair – No hot water coming through the water inlet valve
If all the troubleshooting methods above did not fix the problem with your washing machine that is ONLY filling with COLD water…
Let us know what you have done to try and solve the issue and leave your info below including the model number of your washer and we will be happy to help you to fix your washer.