When your Frigidaire dishwasher isn’t draining properly, you will need to find out why. There are a few easy steps to troubleshoot the issue and get your dishwasher draining.
Reasons Frigidaire Dishwasher Is Not Draining
If your Frigidaire dishwasher isn’t draining properly you will need to troubleshoot the problem.
- There might be a clog so start by checking the dishwasher filter and cleaning out any debris or food particles.
- If the dishwasher shows an error code, this code can tell you the exact drainage issue. Dishwasher error code definitions here
- If the drain hose is clogged, detach it and clean out any blockages to remove any debris.
- Check the flow of the water from the dishwasher to the garbage disposal. Turn the garbage disposal ON to make sure there is no blockage in your sink.
- Check the dishwasher’s drain pump. This is a small motor located under the dishwasher that pumps the water out of the dishwasher. If the drain pump is not working properly, it could be due to a faulty motor or a clog in the impeller.
How To Unclog A Frigidaire Dishwasher
- Turn the garbage disposal ON. If you find that your Frigidaire dishwasher is clogged start by running the garbage disposal. Look in the sink drain, if the disposal has dirty water and gunk in it, the dishwasher will not be able to drain properly. The dishwasher is hooked up to your garbage disposal. If any water or food is still in the garbage disposal when your dishwasher is trying to drain, everything might be fine on the dishwasher, but if the inside of the garbage disposal is filled with food it won’t be able to drain out.
- Inspect the filter. If the filter is clogged, clean them and rinse it with water.
- Look in the filter housing. Check the area where the filter goes into, the filter housing. There may be gunk inside where the filter sits and clogs up the draining system.
- Check the drain hose for any sharp bends which can prevent water to drain out. This drain hose is located under your kitchen sink it goes from the dishwasher to your garbage disposal. Open up your kitchen sink cabinets, and make sure that the hose going from the dishwasher to the sink is not bent crimped or kinked in any way.
- Run a very hot rinse wash cycle with vinegar. Place the vinegar at the bottom of the dishwasher. Pour in a very liberal amount. Run a hot rinse cycle and this will clean out a lot of gunk and some leftover food that may be clogging in between the filter and the drain hose.
How To Force A Drain Cycle On A Frigidaire Dishwasher
If your Frigidaire dishwasher is not draining properly and you can’t manually drain it, you can force a drain cycle. On most Frigidaire dishwashers you can start by pressing the “Cancel/Drain” button on the dishwasher’s control panel. This will initiate the drain cycle and force the dishwasher to drain the water. If the cycle does not complete, you may need to manually drain the dishwasher. If this “force drain” is not compatible with your dishwasher, you can find dishwasher manuals here to find out the exact way to drain your dishwasher.
Prevent Drainage Issues For Frigidaire Dishwasher
- Make sure to clean the filters regularly. This will help to keep the dishwasher running smoothly and prevent clogs.
- Be sure to check the drain hose regularly for kinks. This will help to keep the drain hose clear and prevent blockages.
- Make sure to check the flow of the water from the sink to the dishwasher regularly. This will help to ensure that the dishwasher is receiving enough water and there are no blockages.
Dishwasher Not Draining – More Help
Start by checking the drain filter and drain hose for clogs or blockages.
If you can’t manually drain the dishwasher, you may need to force a drain cycle. Common causes of Frigidaire dishwasher not draining properly include clogged filter, clogged drain hose, faulty drain pump, and a blocked flow of water from the sink to the dishwasher.
There may also be a check valve inside or attached to the drain hose. If you detach the drain hose to inspect it, always check to make sure the check valve is in working order.
If you are dishwasher is set up by using an air gap, you need to clean the air gap and also inspect it to make sure there’s nothing loose, damaged, or broken.
Check to see if your drain pump is operated by a drain solenoid. If so the solenoid could have gone bad and that will need to be replaced. If the drain pump is not working properly, it could be due to a faulty motor or a clog in the impeller.
To prevent clogs and drainage issues in a Frigidaire dishwasher, make sure to clean the filters and drain hose regularly to keep good water flow and check the flow of the water from the sink to the dishwasher.
Professional Help For Your Frigidaire Dishwasher
If the issue persists after taking the appropriate steps to fix it yourself, you can leave us a comment below about the issue you are having and we can help. A professional appliance repair technician will read your dishwasher problem, diagnose the issue, and reply with expert solutions. Please let us know the model number as that will help us to answer your question faster! The RemoveandReplace.com team will get your dishwasher fixed fast!