If your Samsung dryer will spin but will not heat, a burnt heating element could be your issue. A bad element on Samsung dryers has been quite common with some of the newer dryers. However, you need to do some further testing to be sure the element is causing your Samsung dryer to not heat. The Samsung dryer may have a bad thermostat, thermal cut out fuse, clogged air vent line, incorrect voltage, faulty heating element, or other internal wiring issues. NOTE: If your Samsung Dryer is getting an error code, check here for Samsung Dryer Fault Codes.
When your Samsung dryer will not heat, BE SURE YOU HAVE CLEANED THE VENT LINES AND LINT FILTER as a clogged vent line will cause your Samsung dryer to NOT HEAT properly. Check all parts of the dryer to be sure what is causing it NOT HEATING. Check thermostats, thermal cut off fuse, wiring, voltage, and vent line. If you have tested ALL aspects of the dryer and have found that the heating element is what is faulty, here is how to replace it.
HOW TO REMOVE AND REPLACE HEATING ELEMENT FOR SAMSUNG DRYER:
- Remove power from your Samsung dryer.
- Remove the screws on the back of the dryer.
- Remove lid by sliding it off.
- Remove the control panel off by lifting upward.
- Remove wire harness holding the control panel to the dryer.
- Remove 4 screws that secure the front panel.
- Open dryer door and remove 2 more screw at the base of the door.
- Depress the locking tabs and remove the front panel.
- Disconnect the door switch wire.
- Lift the panel off.
- Disconnect the moisture sensor wiring harness.
- Remove screw that holds the heating element housing.
- Remove housing from mounting bracket.
- Remove screws that hold mounting bracket to the base.
- Remove the mounting bracket.
- Pull heating element housing out of the dryer.
- Disconnect the wire harness from the heating element.
- Do not remove the wire harnesses from the thermostat or high limit switch.
- Remove the screws holding the thermostat and high limit switch from housing.
- Remove the screws that hold the heating element housing together.
- Bend the tab upward and separate the heating element housing.
- Straighten the wire terminal locking tabs and remove the wire terminals and the heating element from the housing. (TO TEST THE SAMSUNG DRYER HEATING ELEMENT = Use an Ohm meter on the two leads to tell if the element is bad so you know for sure what is causing the dryer to NOT HEAT.)
- Replace the faulty heating element with the new heating element and put everything back together using this guide in reverse.
Samsung Dryer Heating Element Replacement
Instructions for replacing the heating element on your Samsung dryer.
Dryer is not heating, gets too hot, takes too long, trips the breaker, or won’t stop heating.
How does the heating element in a Samsung dryer work?
The Samsung heating element DC47-00019A works when a switch on the motor turns on. The element will then glow red and heat the dryer. When the dryer falls down below a certain temp, the element turns ON and begins to heat the dryer once again. This will repeat over and over until the cycle is complete and the clothing is dry.
Why did the heating element on my Samsung Dryer go bad?
If your dryer heating element is burnt or faulty, something else within the dryer may have caused this. Check the vent exhaust for lint clogs. A lint blockage issue can cause your heating element to burn out.
What else can cause my Samsung Dryer to NOT HEAT?
Check the thermostat and the high limit cut off fuse to be sure those components are not causing the dryer to not heat. See below…
This Samsung dryer heating element will work on clothes dryer model numbers: DV306BEW, DV306LEW, DV316BEC, DV316BEW, DV316HEC, DV316LES, DV316LEW, DV317AEG, DV317AES, DV317AEW, DV328AEG, DV328AER, DV328AEW, DV330AEB, DV338AEB, DV330AEW, DV331AER, DV331AEW, DV337AEG, DV337AEL, DV337AER, DV337AEW, DV338AEW, DV339AEG, DV339AEL, DV339AER, DV339AES, DV339AEW, DV340AEG, DV340AER, DV350AEG, DV350AEP, DV350AER, DV350AEW, DV393ETPARA, DV393ETPAWR, DV395ETPARA, DV395ETPAWR, DV3C6BEW, DV405ETPASU, DV405ETPAWR, DV407AEW, DV409AER, DV409AEW, DV409SEL, DV410AER, DV410AEW, DV419AES, DV419AEU, DV419AEW, DV428AEL, DV428AEW, DV431AEP, DV431AEW, DV438AEL, DV438AER, DV448AEE, DV448AEP, DV448AEW, DV456EWHDWR, DV484ETHASU, DV484ETHAWR, DV501AEW, DV5451AEP, DV5451AEW, DV5471AEP, DV5471AEW, BED70B, BED70W, DV203AES, DV203AEW, DV206AES, DV206LEW, DV209AEW, DV210AES, DV210AEW, DV218AEB, DV218AES, DV218AEW, DV219AEB, DV219AEW, DV220AEW, DV221AEG, DV221AES, DV229AEG, DV231AEW, DV2C6BEW, MDE6700AYW, MDE6700AZW, MDE9700AYM, MDE9700AYW, MDE9700AZM, MDE9700AZW, NED7200TW, YIED7200TW, and YNED7200TW.
Need help replacing the heating element on your Samsung Dryer? Please leave a question below and we will write back with the easiest ways to replace your dryers heating element or any other parts.