Encountering an error code on your TCL split AC? If your TCL split air conditioner displays an error code, it’s signaling an issue. These codes serve as a diagnostic tool, pointing out specific faults within the AC, be it in the indoor or outdoor unit. By understanding what each error code means, you can pinpoint the root of the problem. This knowledge will help you in addressing the exact issue, allowing you to replace the necessary part and restore your TCL air conditioner to its optimal performance.
Below is a list of common error codes found on TCL split AC systems. The error code number and the error code problem is listed to help you to understand the AC problem and how to fix it.
NOTE: If an error code appears on the TCL AC display, turn the unit off and back on again to attempt a reset. You can also attempt to clean the indoor AC unit to clear the error code. If you have water leaking from the indoor AC unit, you can try the troubleshooting methods here also.
To attempt a compete reset of your AC, here is how to reset an AC split system with error codes. If the error code persists, read below.
|Error Code For TCL Split||Error Description|
|P1||Over voltage / under voltage protection|
|P2||Over current protection|
|P4||Exhaust over temperature protection|
|P5||Sub cooling protection under cooling mode|
|P6||Overheating protection under cooling mode|
|P7||Overheating protection under heating mode|
|P8||Outdoor over temperature / under temperature protection|
|P9||Drive protection – software control|
|P0||Module protection – hardware control|
|E0||Indoor/outdoor communication fault|
|EC||Outdoor communication fault|
|E1||Room temperature sensor (IRT)|
|E2||Indoor pipe (coil) temperature sensor (IPT)|
|E3||Outdoor pipe (coil) temperature sensor (OPT)|
|E5||Model configuration incorrect|
|E6||Indoor fan motor fault|
|E7||Outdoor temperature sensor|
|E8||Exhaust temperature sensor|
|E9||Intelligent power module of drive and module fault|
|EF||Outdoor fan motor fault – DC Motor|
|EA||Current sensor fault|
|EP||Temperature switch fault on top of the compressor|
|EU||Voltage sensor fault|
|EH||Intake temperature sensor|
TCL Split AC Error P Codes
Voltage and Current Issues:
- P1: Over voltage / under voltage protection
- P2: Over current protection
- P4: Exhaust over temperature protection
- P5: Sub cooling protection under cooling mode
- P6: Overheating protection under cooling mode
- P7: Overheating protection under heating mode
- P8: Outdoor over temperature / under temperature protection
Control and Module Issues:
- P9: Drive protection – software control
- P0: Module protection – hardware control
TCL Split AC Error E Codes
Communication and System Issues:
- E0: Indoor/outdoor communication fault
- EC: Outdoor communication fault
- E4: System abnormal
- E5: Model configuration incorrect
- E9: Intelligent power module of drive and module fault
- EE: EEPROM fault
- E1: Room temperature sensor (IRT)
- E2: Indoor pipe (coil) temperature sensor (IPT)
- E3: Outdoor pipe (coil) temperature sensor (OPT)
- E7: Outdoor temperature sensor
- E8: Exhaust temperature sensor
- EH: Intake temperature sensor
- EP: Temperature switch fault on top of the compressor
- EU: Voltage sensor fault
- EA: Current sensor fault
Motor and Fan Issues:
- E6: Indoor fan motor fault
- EF: Outdoor fan motor fault – DC Motor
Need more help? Download the TCL Wall Mounted Split Air Conditioner Service Manual
The downloadable AC service manual is for TCL AC Models KFTHP-12, KFTHP-18 & KFTHP-24.
TCL AC Failure Display Screen
- If an error code appears on the TCL AC display, turn the unit off and then back on to attempt a reset.
Error Code Display:
- The protection display function can be selected in the hardware settings.
- When the protection display is active, the controller will exhibit the error code.
- The digital LED provides both the error code and the temperature.
- In cases of multiple failures, the primary error will be displayed first.
- Failures specific to the outdoor unit will persist for a maximum of 2 minutes after recovery.
Outdoor Failure or Error Light Indicators:
- The outdoor power board has an LED indicator.
- When the compressor is running: LED is continuously illuminated.
- Lack of feedback from the compressor: LED blinks (on for 1 second, off for 1 second).
- In case of a failure: LED lights up for 0.5 seconds, goes off for 0.5 seconds, and this pattern repeats several times before going off for 3 seconds to indicate an error cycle.
Outdoor Unit Blinking Time Error
Power and Voltage Issues:
- 2 Blinks: Higher or lower voltage
- 3 Blinks: Over current
- 12 Blinks: Voltage sensor failure
- 13 Blinks: Current sensor failure
- 4 Blinks: Discharge temperature too high
- 5 Blinks: Outdoor coil temperature too high
- 8 Blinks: Compressor overheat – switch on top of compressor
- 9 Blinks: Outdoor air temperature sensor failure
- 10 Blinks: Outdoor coil temperature sensor failure
- 11 Blinks: Outdoor discharge pipe temperature sensor failure
- 17 Blinks: Defrosting
Communication and System Abnormalities:
- 6 Blinks: Drive abnormality
- 7 Blinks: Communication abnormality with indoor unit
- 15 Blinks: Outdoor communication abnormality
Protection and Motor Issues:
- 1 Blinks: IPM protection
- 14 Blinks: IPM abnormality
- 16 Blinks: DC fan motor no feedback
TCL DC INVERTER AC ERROR CODES & SOLUTIONS
TCL Split System AC Error Codes FAQ
What should I do if an error code appears on my TCL AC display?
If an error code appears on the TCL AC display, turn the unit off and back on again to attempt a reset. You can also try cleaning the indoor AC unit to clear the error code. If water is leaking from the indoor AC unit, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided.
How does the outdoor failure or error light display work?
There is an LED on the outdoor power board. When the compressor is running, it is normally illuminated. When there is no feedback of the signal to the power board from the compressor, the light will blink by lighting 1 second and going out 1 second. If a failure occurs, it will light 0.5 seconds then go out 0.5 seconds, blinking several times and go out 3 seconds for a cycle to indicate a failure.
What should I do if my TCL AC shows a P9 error?
The P9 error indicates a Drive protection (software control issue). This means a computer-controlled or software component of the AC is not working properly. This type of issue may require an AC professional to address.
How can I reset my TCL AC split system with error codes?
To reset your TCL AC split system, turn the unit off and then back on. If the error persists, you may need to clean the indoor AC unit or refer to the specific error code for further troubleshooting.
What does it mean if water is leaking from my indoor AC unit?
If water is leaking from the indoor AC unit, it could be due to a clogged drain line, a frozen evaporator coil, or other issues. It’s recommended to check the drain line for clogs and ensure that the unit is not set to a temperature that’s too low, causing the coil to freeze. If the problem persists, consult with a professional.
How can I download the TCL Wall Mounted Split Air Conditioner Service Manual?
The TCL Wall Mounted Split Air Conditioner Service Manual is available for specific TCL AC Models like KFTHP-12, KFTHP-18 & KFTHP-24. You can usually find it on the official TCL website or contact their customer service for assistance.
What should I do if there’s an LED blinking on the outdoor power board?
If there’s an LED blinking on the outdoor power board, it indicates a potential issue. The LED behavior, such as the duration it stays on and off, can provide clues about the specific problem. For instance, if the LED lights for 0.5 seconds and then goes out for 0.5 seconds repeatedly, it indicates a failure. It’s recommended to refer to the user manual or contact a professional for a precise diagnosis.
Need help with the error code on your TCL split system AC? Please let us know the model number of your AC and we can have someone assist you and fix the issue. Use the comment form below and please describe the problem so we can help.