LG Refrigerator Error Codes – Error Code Definitions – How To Fix?

LG Refrigerator Error Codes – Is your LG refrigerator displaying an error code? These error codes are for LG refrigerators. The error codes can assist you with troubleshooting what part or component is causing the error. See below for ALL error codes an LG refrigerator can display. Find the reason why your LG is malfunctioning and replace the part yourself to save money. Some of these error codes MAY require the assistance of a professional appliance repair service.

lg fridge error codesLG fridge error codes

LIST OF ALL LG REFRIGERATOR ERROR CODES:

LG Error Code OF F or O FF = Refrigerator is in display mode = Check information here on how to reset LG fridge with OFF on display.

LG Error Code 1F or F1 = Error is Ice Blower Fan or Ice Maker Motor = Repair or Check Ice Blower Fan or Ice Maker Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Ice Blower Fan, Main Power Board, or Ice Maker Motor

LG Error Code Er FR = Error is an abnormality with the refrigerator’s fan motor =  Check or Repair refrigerator fan motorPart or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Refrigerator fan motor

LG Error Code Er IF = Error is The Fan for the Ice Compartment Failed = Repair or Check Ice Fan Blocked, Ice Fan Motor is Defective, Wiring in the Circuit is Defective, Control Board has Failed, or Ice Fan Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Wiring Harness, Power Control Board

LG Error Code Er 15 = Error is Ice Maker Fan Motor = Repair or Check Ice Maker Fan Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Ice Maker Fan Motor

LG Error Code Er dH = Error is Defrost Heater or PCB or Fuse = Repair or Check Defrost Heater or PCB or Fuse = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Defrost Heater or PCB or Fuse

LG Error Code Er FS = Error is Freezer Sensor Error = Repair or Check Sensor and Wiring Connector Problem = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Thermistor, Wiring Harness, or Main Power Control Board

LG Error Code Er rF = Error is Fan Motor Abnormality = Repair or Check Fan Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Fan Motor or Main Control Board

LG Error Code Er rS = Error is Refrigerator Sensor Error = Repair or Check Sensor and Wiring and Connections = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Thermistor, Wiring Harness, or Main Power Control Board

lg refrigerator control panel dispenserLG Refrigerator Control Panel Dispenser – Where Error Codes Display

LG Error Code FF = Error is Freezer Fan Motor = Repair or Check Freezer Fan Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Freezer Fan Motor

LG Error Code F dS = Error is Freezer Defrost Sensor = Repair or Check Sensor Short or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Controller Assembly (component that has the defrost thermistor and the fuse for the defrost system)

LG Error Code r dS = Error is Refrigerator Defrost Sensor = Repair or Check Sensor Short or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Controller Assembly (component that has the defrost thermistor and the fuse for the defrost system)

LG Error Code Er HS = Error is Humidity Sensor = Repair or Check Sensor Short or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Humidity Sensor

LG Error Code Er IS = Error is Ice Maker Sensor = Repair or Check Sensor Short or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Ice Maker Assembly

LG Error Code Er SS = Error is Pantry Sensor = (pantry is the deli drawer) Repair or Check Short in Sensor or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Pantry Temperature Sensor

LG Error Code Er rt = Error is Room Temperature Sensor = Repair or Check Short in Sensor or Wiring Issue = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Room Temperature Sensor

LG Error Code Er It = Error is System Error Inside Ice Maker = Repair or Check Self-Test Ice Maker = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Ice Maker Assembly

LG Error Code Er gF = Error is Flow Meter Error Code = Repair or Check Water Pressure = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Flow Meter

LG Error Code F dH = Error is Sensor didn’t get over 40F in Defrost = Repair or Check Faulty Fuse, Heater, or Control Board = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Controller Assembly, Defrost Heater, or Relay on Control Board

LG Error Code r dH = Error is Sensor didn’t get over 40F = Repair or Check Faulty Fuse, Heater, and Control Board = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Controller Assembly, Defrost Heater, or Relay on Control Board

LG Error Code Er FF = Error is Evaporator Fan Failed = Repair or Check Fan Motor, Control Board, and Wiring Harness = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Evaporator Fan Motor, Power Control Board, or Wiring Harness

LG Error Code Er CF = Error is Condenser Fan Motor is Defective = Repair or Check Condenser Fan Motor, Wiring, or Control Board = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Condenser Fan Motor, Power Control Board, or Wiring Harness

LG Error Code Er CO = Error is Communication Error = Repair or Check Communication Error between Main Board & Display Board = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Display Control Board, Power Control Board, or Wiring Harness

LG Error Code 22 = Error is Clicking Sound = Repair or Check Compressor Relay = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Compressor Relay

LG Error Code 67 = Error is Gap in Door or Fully Packed Fridge = Repair or Check Door = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Check Door Gap/Seal or Unplug Fridge and Plug Back In

To test parts to see if they are good or bad, see the video below on how to use a multimeter to test electrical parts. Once determining if the part is bad, you can order parts at SearsPartsDirect for LG or Amazon has many OEM LG replacement refrigerator parts.

How To Use A Multimeter To Test Faulty Components

Do you know of other error codes or having issues with fixing your LG fridge with an error code? Please leave a comment below.

1 Troy August 14, 2017 at 3:03 am

We have an 9 year old LG LFX25960ST and we have Er CO on the display screen. Will it still keep the fridge cool enough for a day and the freezer frozen?

2 Bob June 19, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I have a 2 year old LG lfxs24623s with french doors. The center mullion shorted out. Apparently the wires chafed enough to touch and arc and burn through. I thought it would be an easy fix, replace the mullion, which I did, but it is clearly not working and condensation builds up. Any ideas?

3 Kathy June 15, 2017 at 12:00 pm

LG should have replaced our refrigerator 4 years ago. So many many things went wrong with it the first year and now, at 5 years old the compressor was bad, replaced it. Still not cold. Making sound like a plane is taking off, Codes this time ER and FF.
I hate this LG refrigerator and will never buy another.

4 نمایندگی تعمیرات ال جی May 21, 2017 at 7:41 am

Thank you for sharing this post “LG Refrigerator Error Codes”

5 John December 9, 2016 at 10:57 pm

I have an LG LFX31945ST/02 french door that have cooling issues.
The motherboard, compressor and dryer has been replaced.
Now the unit cools down but up to 48F only (freezer).
During self test mode all evaporator fans work and the unit has been plugged since 24 hrs.
Looked at the coils and no frost.
There are no error codes on the front panel and no flash codes on the motherboard.
Before new motherboard and compressor, unit won’t cool at all.

6 Tuan Ly September 19, 2016 at 6:03 pm

I have an LG bottom freezer, model# LFXS30766S02. I have an error code “e” and “rF”.
I replaced the fans in the freezer section, still have the same error code after I turned the refrigerator off for 3 hours.
I have to reset every 3 hours in order for the error code to go away.
The ice and water dispenser works during the reset but do not work when the error code is on.
I then change out the main PCB board in the back of the refrigerator where the power cord is.
I still have the same error code but now the ice and water dispenser do not work at all.
Even during the reset period or during the error code period.

DIY Project Help Tips 7 DIY Project Help Tips September 19, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Tuan Ly,
If you have replaced the freezer fans and the main PCB board on your LG bottom freezer refrigerator, then you may have a simple wiring harness or communication error.
Recheck all wiring harness on the boards, fans and near the display panel.

8 Cheryl September 2, 2016 at 3:49 am

My LG LXFC24726S is having the same issue as Penny, displaying the E rF code. It was making a noise that sounded like a fan hitting its housing and when I turned off the ice maker it stopped.
I am comfortable repairing about anything but is there a schematic somewhere of this refrigerator and where the fan is that you are referring to?
And where can I buy the part?
I will NEVER buy an LG again.
My former fridge (GE Profile) lasted 24 years, this one is one month out of warranty and already broken.
Thanks so much for your help!

DIY Project Help Tips 9 DIY Project Help Tips September 2, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Cheryl,
Here is the manual for your LG Refrigerator LXFC24726S.
You may need to scroll down to the PDF Manual and click it. Once you have the PDF file open, scroll down the manual to the troubleshooting section.
There you will find a few things LG recommends to try but the info is limited.

The LG refrigerator Ef rF error code on the refrigerator’s display indicates an abnormality in the Refrigerator fan motor or possibly a bad main board.

The fan is the most likely issue as most people that have the ef rf code change out the fan motor and it fixes the LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerator fans can be found here.
LG Refrigerator Main Control Board can be found here.

10 Mike springer August 24, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I have a LG bottom freezer model number lfx25975st /02. On the display panel an E comes on the screen. If I unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in the display lights up like it should but a minute later it goes back to a display showing just E. In the meantime, no water or ice. What is the problem?

DIY Project Help Tips 11 DIY Project Help Tips August 24, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Mike springer,
Is the error you see on your LG Bottom Freezer showing an “E” or “Er”.
LG does not list only “E” error code in the database.
Have you tried resetting the refrigerator by pressing and holding the buttons on the display?
Is the LG fridge brand new?

12 Brenda July 14, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Now that I have read the issues that people have with their LG I will never buy one again – 3 years is all I have had my LG – my control panel lights don’t work and now this error message that I can not read because half of the lights on the digital display do not light – I know it is an E but can not make out what the other is so do not not if it is the “if” scenario or a number – 3 years is not long enough for a refrigerator to last.

13 Penny June 29, 2016 at 8:17 am

My LG refrigerator has the code E rF. Do I have to replace the fan motor? Or what? The ice and water is not working.

DIY Project Help Tips 14 DIY Project Help Tips June 29, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Penny,
The rF error code on your LG refrigerator’s display means an abnormal refrigerator fan motor.
Check to be sure the fan is properly connected and getting power.
If so and it still does not work and the error code comes back, then yes, replace the fan motor.

15 Mimi November 15, 2016 at 3:10 am

I have the same problem . It hurts me because I paid a lot of money and it’s also LG . So never buy a refrigerator with sensors . Or stainless . They are just fancy but worthless

16 Leann May 25, 2016 at 6:07 pm

“LG Error Code Er 1F = Error is The Fan for the Ice Compartment Failed = Repair or Check Ice Fan Blocked, Ice Fan Motor is Defective, Wiring in the Circuit is Defective, Control Board has Failed, or Ice Fan Motor = Part or parts that need to be checked or replaced are… Wiring Harness or Power Control Board”

How do I know which is what is wrong? This makes me ill. I bought this very expensive refrigerator (french doors, oversize, stainless steel) to replace one I thought was going out three years ago. I kept the old one as a backup in our laundry room. The one in laundry room is still going, this one keeps getting this error code. I tried turning it off overnight, it worked fine for about two hours after I turned the switch back on, but it’s back. Any help is appreciated, I am not a repair person at all but willing to learn!

DIY Project Help Tips 17 DIY Project Help Tips May 25, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Leann,
LG refrigerator Error Code Er 1F
The IF error code indicates that the refrigerator has detected a problem with the refrigerator’s ice maker fan.
This can sometimes occur when frost or ice buildup occurs around the ice maker fan.
Note: For french door refrigerators, please check the gasket along side the door.
Frost buildup can occur if the doors on the unit are not aligned properly.
For more information on door alignment and proper refrigerator leveling, refer to LG Refrigerator Leveling Instructions.

18 Grace nunes May 27, 2016 at 2:00 am

My LG fridge has err and ff on my display. I am also hear a vibration when I close the doors. When I open the doors the noise stops.

DIY Project Help Tips 19 DIY Project Help Tips May 27, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Grace Nunes,
LG fridge has error err and ff = That error code is your freezer (evaporator) fan motor that’s inside your freezer.
It will need to be replaced.

20 frank July 4, 2016 at 10:58 am

I have the same model refrig . French door and so -on , I also had the ” I-F” code , I looked in the you tube vids , { the videos gave a little help } but what I did , was , { in your case , if you are not able to move the unit away from wall } I moved my refrigerator away from wall , took the lower back panel off { it is held on with , 6 Philips head screws , the ice maker inlet tube runs through the corner of the same panel , so take care not to get it pinched as you slide the back panel away from its place on the unit , } when I had the panel off , I had a big bunch of dust around the coils of the cooling coils , mine were the color brown it was so covered , I took vacuum , with flex hose , and a soft bristle brush too remove the dust . { the actual color of the coils are black , uhhhh ! } I do clean out from under the whole unit , floor area , so I was astonished as to how much more actual dust made its way too the coils area … but to the point , I unplugged the refrig , cleaned the coils , reassembled back panel , pluged unit back in , { took about 20 too 30 minutes } I did not get a I-F code right off , it did the next day , I unplugged the refrig , plugged back in , and since no problems .. makes ice , and no codes this is day 5 since I cleaned the coils still doing good … hope this helps { if you haven`t already paid to have the fan replaced …}

21 Vincent Emery September 30, 2016 at 2:35 am

Your frozen up on your evap coil behind the bottom back panel of your freezer. Get a hair dryer and try to defrost the coil or leave unplugged for a day. Best to remove the back panel of freezer and apply hair dryer. Short term fix for defrost cycle not working.

22 Lizell Strauss December 27, 2015 at 7:20 am

We have a double door LG fridge and freezer – Serial No 406TRCNOK843. The computer shows at Freezer dH and at the Fridge E. What should we do? We bought the refrigerator a year ago.

DIY Project Help Tips 23 DIY Project Help Tips December 28, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Lizell Strauss,
An dH error code on the LG refrigerator’s display means that the unit spent more than 1 hour trying to defrost. During defrost, the refrigerator will increase the temperature at the evaporator to a preset temperature depending on the model. If this temperature is not reached within 1 hour, the DH error code will display. You may have a defrost issue with the fridge. Have you given the fridge time to clear the error on its own? You may need to give it some time and it will go away since it is happening during defrost mode. Try unplugging the fridge for 10 minutes and see if that clears the errors.