Samsung front load washer door not closing, opening, or will not lock? If you have a Samsung front loading washer and the door has stopped locking or closing properly, you need to check the washer door lock latch assembly. The door lock assembly for Samsung front load washers are made of plastic. If you slam the washer door or close it too hard it will damage the door lock and it may not open, unlock, lock, or close.
At times the washer door may pop open during a wash cycle. Some Samsung washer owners have ran into the issue where the door locking mechanism ended up in the locked position while the door was open. Because of this the door is unable to close.
Reasons Samsung front load washer door will not open
When the Samsung washer door is locked or will not open…
- The door will not open if the water temperature is over 131°F.
- The door will not open when the internal water sensor detects the water level is too high.
- Door latch is faulty and needs to be removed and replaced.
Do not try to force the door open when locked as this may result in damage to the washer.
Washer door latch issue?
If you have any issues with the door on your Samsung front load washer, you need to check the door latch assembly for damage. The Samsung washer door lock latch assembly secures the washer door shut during operation. When the washing machine door is closed, the washer can begin washing. If the door lock is broken or faulty the washer door will not close, open, latch or lock.
Check the Samsung washer door latch
- Unplug your Samsung washing machine.
- Locate the washer door latch and look to see if it is broken or cracked.
- If you find the door latch to be broken, you will need to order a new one.
- Get the part number off of the washer door lock assembly.
- The door latch will most likely be part #DC34-00024B or #DC64-00519B or #DC97-16899A.
- Once you have the part number of your Samsung washer door latch, order a new one online.
SAMSUNG OEM DC34-00024B Washer Door Lock Switch Solenoid
Samsung DC64-00519B Washer Door Lock Switch
Replace Samsung Washer Door Latch
(part #DC34-00024B and #DC64-00519B)
Step-by-step instructions for replacing the door latch on Samsung washing machines
Below is the Samsung Front Load Washer Owners Manual and a Samsung Washer Quick User Guide.
Both files are in PDF and can be downloaded or viewed in your browser or Adobe.
Samsung Front Load Washing Machine Owners Manual WF350AN
This Samsung Washer Owners Manual is in English, Spanish, and French.
Samsung Front Load Washer Quick User Guide Manual
This Samsung Quick User Guide shows troubleshooting, error codes, installation, leveling, and operation
How To Install the Samsung Door Latch Assembly?
- Unplug the Samsung washing machine.
- Find the retaining ring wire with the spring on it.
- Use needle nose pliers and remove the retaining ring wire off the door boot seal.
- Pull the door seal gasket out of the way (near the door switch) but do not fully remove the seal.
- Remove the 3 mounting screws that hold the door latch to the front panel.
- Pull out the door latch assembly and remove the plastic cover.
- Disconnect the 3 wire harnesses on the door latch to remove it.
- Install the new door latch assembly by connecting the 3 wire harnesses.
- Install the cover onto the door latch assembly.
- Reinstall the 3 screws to hold the door latch to the washer.
- Slide the door seal gasket back into place.
- Put the retaining wire ring and spring back on.
- Plug the unit back in and test it.
Note: You may also need the Samsung DC63-00960A Washing Machine Switch Cover. This part may also be damaged and needed to fix your Samsung Door Issue. See below…
This door latch replacement procedure will work on Samsung washer model numbers: WF350ANW, WF330ANW/XAA, WF431ABW, WF431ABP, WF340AN, WF350AN, WF330AN, WF331AN and more. Just make sure you get the correct part number off of the door latch assembly to make sure you order the correct part.
Washer Door Clicks
Replacing the door latch on your Samsung washer will also fix the constant “click, click, click”. There are two copper leaf contacts inside the unit that make contact when the solenoid latches. If the washer doesn’t detect them it will try a few times to latch before showing a Samsung Washer Error Code. The door is actually locking but it will not detect it.
If you have any issues with your Samsung front load washer door not closing, locking, or not shutting, and you need assistance, please leave your question below and we can assist with further troubleshooting.